Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unfortunately a very fair result. Don't have the firepower as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Shirley, the goalkeeper is the back pass option in that situation?

Not a defender who becomes the second player, thus playing almost the entire pitch onside.
    They would have all been onside anyway as SL is playing them on... you give options to the player on the ball, you can't expect him to lose it their Clive
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    They would have all been onside anyway as SL is playing them on... you give options to the player on the ball, you can't expect him to lose it their Clive
    Well, SL is a **** too.

And Iwobi.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Back 5 with a sweeper and still can’t sort it out

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Well, SL is a **** too.

And Iwobi.
    In a weird, almost perverse way you had to find a little bit of humour really in Iwobi’s part in the first goal.

I mean, none of us expected anything from the game, but to be 0-1 down within 38 seconds or whatever was just pure comedy gold.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    In a weird, almost perverse way you had to find a little bit of humour really in Iwobi’s part in the first goal.

I mean, none of us expected anything from the game, but to be 0-1 down within 38 seconds or whatever was just pure comedy gold.

I was driving home from town when the goal went in. I turned off when we got away with a "stone wall pelanty" (Alan Green).

I did wonder what the score might be when I got home, 15 minutes later. Imagine my surprise...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I am a football coach you know.

Speaking of which I introduced the concept of Offside to my U12 side last night in training. They all understood they informed me so we ran through a few scenarios without the ball and then went into a few drills.

I stopped after about 15 minutes and we agreed we would leave it for the night.

First league game on Saturday week.

I have sympathy for Emery.
    You probably sound like him too. Shirley you don't introduce "concepts" of anything to eleven year olds, do you?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    You probably sound like him too. Shirley you don't introduce "concepts" of anything to eleven year olds, do you?
    Of course you do.

"Right lads, we will be playing offside from Saturday week. Very important from an attacking and defensive perspective. Hands up who understands it?".

Cue 11 hands in the air.

My job is done.

Our backs must have about five hundred caps between them and they still haven't mastered it

Of course you do.

"Right lads, we will be playing offside from Saturday week. Very important from an attacking and defensive perspective. Hands up who understands it?".

Cue 11 hands in the air.

My job is done.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Our backs must have about five hundred caps between them and they still haven't mastered it
    a picture speaks a . . .

Quote Originally Posted by bbrian View Post
    Wade Phillips did awesomely ....McVay was outcoached by the goat! The rams will hopefully now go the way of all the other teams the Pats tangle with . ...Seattle , Atlanta , Philly and Jacksonville . Win or lose against us the effort it takes ends teams .

I accept your non existent congrats btw
    I think congratulations may be a bit beyond me at the moment. Grudging acknowledgement, yes, okay.