Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: 37 years today since what's now only the 2nd most shameful episode in Aussie cricket

37 years today since what's now only the 2nd most shameful episode in Aussie cricket

history.*

Never forget.

*The first obviously being the time Michael Clarke, the Australian captain, cried like a girl in public just because someone died.

Oh, and there was that sandpaper incident, of course.

The Murali No Ball incident....shameful especially as he had just been cleared by the ICC.

Got to squeeze Warner crying after Sandgate. Loooool

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    The Murali No Ball incident....shameful especially as he had just been cleared by the ICC.

Got to squeeze Warner crying after Sandgate. Loooool
    I was on Hair's side there. Murali was a chucker. The fact they changed the laws specifically to accommodate his cheating didn't make him any less of a cheat. I discount his wickets in all-time lists.

Oddly enough, in all seriousness I find the underarm incident much more reprehensible than the sandpaper incident - despite the fact that it was legal and the sandpapering wasn't. I just feel that it's even more contrary to the spirit of the game than out-and-out cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I was on Hair's side there. Murali was a chucker. The fact they changed the laws specifically to accommodate his cheating didn't make him any less of a cheat. I discount his wickets in all-time lists.

Oddly enough, in all seriousness I find the underarm incident much more reprehensible than the sandpaper incident - despite the fact that it was legal and the sandpapering wasn't. I just feel that it's even more contrary to the spirit of the game than out-and-out cheating.
    Murali chucked