Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I’m quite into this loaning system

I’m quite into this loaning system

Try before you buy. Think of the dross on high wages that we could have simply handed back under Wenger.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Try before you buy. Think of the dross on high wages that we could have simply handed back under Wenger.
    I'll raise you one Júlio Baptista
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

And one of my questions sort of got answered with the failed Perisic deal ie how exactly does the obligation to buy work?

Because it seems we proposed to pay a penalty if we decided not to buy but Inter declined.

I like that...try before you buy like you said . Would make a load of risky transfers easier to swallow.

Only other question is can we flip the player?

I mean we’ve supposedly agreed to pay Barca a further £18m in the summer.

Is that priced fixed?

Cause if he turns out to be decent then let’s pay the 18 and flip him for 30ish a few minutes later imo

Will get like Storage Wars

Strong, strong point. What was that guy, Santos? And any number of deadbeats

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

Cause if he turns out to be decent then let’s pay the 18 and flip him for 30ish a few minutes later imo

Will get like Storage Wars
    mark ‘em up, sell ‘em on.

Chamakh would’ve been sent back the following morning. Closely followed by Gervinho.

I like the Penalty fee idea.

Yeah sure we’ll pay £100m but if he’s sh*t then you take him back and refund us £90m.

Sounds fair to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    I like the Penalty fee idea.

Yeah sure we’ll pay £100m but if he’s sh*t then you take him back and refund us £90m.

Sounds fair to me.
    All this talk of loan deals has reminded me of Kim Kallstrom. Couple of days later, Arsene just casually announces ‘he has a leetle bit, the broken back’.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    All this talk of loan deals has reminded me of Kim Kallstrom. Couple of days later, Arsene just casually announces ‘he has a leetle bit, the broken back’.

Still won more medals in English football than anybody playing for Spurs currently

Fabián Caballero, Alex Song, The Beast and Kallstrom seem to be the only other loan deals that I can remember. Rui Fonte the **** brother of the CB I think was signed on a 2 year deal with an option to buy. Although technically we signed some lower league keeper as well to play for the reserves due to an injury crisis.

So one out of that lot one was deemed good enough to actually buy in the end....
    Last edited by Arsenal Alcoholic Review; 02-02-2019 at 10:32 AM.