Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Denly !

Denly !

what a great shot
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    what a great shot
    I genuinely would be embarrassed to get out like that now. And I’m 45 and haven’t played in 18 months. Shocking. We’re making this shower look like Holding, Ambrose, Marshall and Walsh.

That’s a very green wicket imo

In fairness, he has had to wait a long time for his chance. Stands to reason he'd be in a bit of hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    what a great shot
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    That’s a very green wicket imo
    It is. Nothing wrong with that, though. You need a bit of grass on a wicket like that in those conditions. It’ll hold it together for four days before cracking.

And it’s no excuse for bottom-edging a rank long hop to the keeper in a fùcking test match.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I genuinely would be embarrassed to get out like that now. And I’m 45 and haven’t played in 18 months. Shocking. We’re making this shower look like Holding, Ambrose, Marshall and Walsh.
    That brings a quick question to mind: Did those four actually ever play together?

The latter trio, certainly. Just not sure about Holding.
    Last edited by redgunamo; 01-31-2019 at 03:14 PM.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

It is. Nothing wrong with that, though. You need a bit of grass on a wicket like that in those conditions. It’ll hold it together for four days before cracking.

And it’s no excuse for bottom-edging a rank long hop to the keeper in a fùcking test match.
    Bring back the Chef!!

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Bring back the Chef!!
    And Andrew Strauss!

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    That brings a quick question to mind: Did those four actually ever play together?

The latter trio, certainly. Just not sure about Holding.
    I think Holding had gone before Ambrose started up. Probably just as well

I think our boys would struggle to face that quartet now and one of them is dead