Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well done for getting Wenger out.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Right. But what other options did the moron have ? **** happens
    It was a miracle we didn’t concede 5 or 6. An in form Pogba would have created another 3 or 4 goals.

To put Xhaka back there against that pace was suicide. Ole must have wet himself laughing at that point. We were incredibly fortunate to lose by 2. Xhaka has demonstrated he isn’t comfortable there. We needed more pace. Bringing Maitland-Niles inside was an option, even Monreal is quicker and a better CB than Xhaka.

Mind you Torreira was doing a good Coquelin impression by getting too far ahead of the call time and time again. There was no rush at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    It was a miracle we didn’t concede 5 or 6. An in form Pogba would have created another 3 or 4 goals.

To put Xhaka back there against that pace was suicide. Ole must have wet himself laughing at that point. We were incredibly fortunate to lose by 2. Xhaka has demonstrated he isn’t comfortable there. We needed more pace. Bringing Maitland-Niles inside was an option, even Monreal is quicker and a better CB than Xhaka.

Mind you Torreira was doing a good Coquelin impression by getting too far ahead of the call time and time again. There was no rush at that point.
    What utter f@cking nonsense. You do realise that Charles is on a wind up right? It’s actually only you that believes this garbage.

At 80 minutes we were 2-1 down and had controlled the majority of the match. Unai had it spot on, we just let ourselves down in the ‘final action’, just one of those days. Considering the defenders we were missing and that it could be argued that Cech might have done better on all three goals it is absurd to suggest Unai did anything wrong.

Unlike the Wenger days, there was no capitulation, no 8-2 or 6-1 hammering. The days of getting murdered by top four teams are now finally over it seems. Well done Unai.

I must say this is how I saw it too my moose bothering friend.

I spotted early in the second half that the Gods of Football had decided agin us. Nearly every could've gone anywhere ball favoured United and I realised the cruel deities would also prevent us from . This used to be called the rub of the green.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    I must say this is how I saw it too my moose bothering friend.

I spotted early in the second half that the Gods of Football had decided agin us. Nearly every could've gone anywhere ball favoured United and I realised the cruel deities would also prevent us from . This used to be called the rub of the green.
    We do tend to be rather unlucky against Manchester united. A lot
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Last Utd match I was at was when we murdered the ****s in the first half

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    We do tend to be rather unlucky against Manchester united. A lot
    so I won't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    What utter f@cking nonsense. You do realise that Charles is on a wind up right? It’s actually only you that believes this garbage.

At 80 minutes we were 2-1 down and had controlled the majority of the match. Unai had it spot on, we just let ourselves down in the ‘final action’, just one of those days. Considering the defenders we were missing and that it could be argued that Cech might have done better on all three goals it is absurd to suggest Unai did anything wrong.

Unlike the Wenger days, there was no capitulation, no 8-2 or 6-1 hammering. The days of getting murdered by top four teams are now finally over it seems. Well done Unai.
    psssst, we lost 5-1 to Liverpool a few weeks ago
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

We had a lot of possession without purpose, but yes, we were still well in the game until he put Xhaka at CB. From that point on they looked like scoring every time they got the ball. Ridiculous.

Blaming it on Cech raised a smile, so well done on that.

We had a lot of possession without purpose, but yes, we were still well in the game until he put Xhaka at CB. From that point on they looked like scoring every time they got the ball. Ridiculous.

Xhaka?

Given that the only other defensive options on the bench were Lichtsteiner or a rusty Monreal, Emery was between a rock and a hard place.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

He didn't blame Cech per se, merely has pointed out or suggested that he might have done better. Certainly his role in goal 3 was very poor.

Just one of those games AFC.

A bad night in N5 against a team absolutely buzzing with confidence at the moment, a very good team also to be fair.

I would disagree with WES on his assertion that we had controlled the majority of the game, a lot of possession but invariably a desire for one pass too many. Never really opened them up.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    He didn't blame Cech per se, merely has pointed out or suggested that he might have done better. Certainly his role in goal 3 was very poor.

Just one of those games AFC.

A bad night in N5 against a team absolutely buzzing with confidence at the moment, a very good team also to be fair.

I would disagree with WES on his assertion that we had controlled the majority of the game, a lot of possession but invariably a desire for one pass too many. Never really opened them up.
    Cech was at fault for the third goal, but so was the entire defensive unit. I can see no blame to him for the other two.

Indeed, we didn't open them up often. We lacked a player with a range of insightful passing.

As for Xhaka, we were clearly going to be facing pace. Monreal or AMN would have given us a better option. Xhaka has never looked remotely comfortable against quality at CB and was always going to be roasted if they won possession.