Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Well done for getting Wenger out.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    We had a lot of possession without purpose, but yes, we were still well in the game until he put Xhaka at CB. From that point on they looked like scoring every time they got the ball. Ridiculous.

Blaming it on Cech raised a smile, so well done on that.
    No, I disagree. I saw us controlling the game and getting into plenty of dangerous positions, the build up play through midfield was very good. This was not endless sideways passing with no threat. The problem was that the final ball or the finish required just wasn't there, it was one of those days. Their ability to hit us on the break was a result of too much commitment going forward at times (Emery still has to work this one out) and too many really bad defenders (hardly surprising given what we he inherited and the injury crisis).

Cech was responsible for the 3rd goal. If you watch the 2nd goal he makes a small movement to his right just as Lindgard starts to pass the ball into the goal, not convinced he couldn't have got to it had he read it better. And he seemed slow off his line for the first. However both those goals were primarily the result of appalling defending; Kos for the first, Kolasinac for the second.

Watch Kos for the first goal. I find it staggering that a 33 year old international defender can leave his position like that. Lord knows what went through his mind (very little I expect).

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    No, I disagree. I saw us controlling the game and getting into plenty of dangerous positions, the build up play through midfield was very good.
    We will agree to disagree.