Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Well done for getting Wenger out.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    He didn't blame Cech per se, merely has pointed out or suggested that he might have done better. Certainly his role in goal 3 was very poor.

Just one of those games AFC.

A bad night in N5 against a team absolutely buzzing with confidence at the moment, a very good team also to be fair.

I would disagree with WES on his assertion that we had controlled the majority of the game, a lot of possession but invariably a desire for one pass too many. Never really opened them up.
    They didn’t really set up with a team filled with confidence and superiority over the opposition either. Their tactic was mostly to throw two lines of 4 across the back and hit us on the break.
    It rewarded them the result but not in the fashion of City, who sweep teams aside with invention and flair.
    This was a game that could have gone either way. I heard the commentator mention that we could consider ourselves unlucky on the night.
    United took their chances well by mostly playing on the back foot. The post match media nonsense about them being too good for us was utter drivel.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    We had a lot of possession without purpose, but yes, we were still well in the game until he put Xhaka at CB. From that point on they looked like scoring every time they got the ball. Ridiculous.

Blaming it on Cech raised a smile, so well done on that.
    No, I disagree. I saw us controlling the game and getting into plenty of dangerous positions, the build up play through midfield was very good. This was not endless sideways passing with no threat. The problem was that the final ball or the finish required just wasn't there, it was one of those days. Their ability to hit us on the break was a result of too much commitment going forward at times (Emery still has to work this one out) and too many really bad defenders (hardly surprising given what we he inherited and the injury crisis).

Cech was responsible for the 3rd goal. If you watch the 2nd goal he makes a small movement to his right just as Lindgard starts to pass the ball into the goal, not convinced he couldn't have got to it had he read it better. And he seemed slow off his line for the first. However both those goals were primarily the result of appalling defending; Kos for the first, Kolasinac for the second.

Watch Kos for the first goal. I find it staggering that a 33 year old international defender can leave his position like that. Lord knows what went through his mind (very little I expect).

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Are you happy now you ****s?
    You fagg. Go off and find Wenger's sh!t to wipe all over your buttocks. There's a good fellow.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I am not disagreeing with you on GX at centre-half but his lack of pace was not the issue for the 3rd goal.

Pogba picked the ball up after it was carelessly lost by a combination of Lacazatte and Ozil, he then ran over half the pitch (at pace) right through the centre of our midfield and was not once challenged or even threatened with a challenge.

Have a look again and watch how Guendozi and Ozil make their way back and compare to Pogba. Guendozi in particular was not even ahead of the play when possession was lost.

Xhaka backed off, pace was not the problem.

Even then when the shot was badly parried out to Martial who puts it away the cameras keep running and still no sign of AMN in the right back position (he had actually been ahead of the ball when we lost it).

Plenty of errors but singling out GX in this case is incorrect.
    I'm not sure I singled out Xhaka for the goal. Torreira and Guendozi were the two that came to mind at the time, poor Xhaka had no idea what to do with himself as he often doesn't at CB. On reflection Cech was culpable.

The point I am making is that a fluent Man U could have taken us apart a further 4 or 5 times. Losing possession when pressing is one of those things.

It happens to all teams when chasing. Xhaka's lack of pace forced us to leave an enormous gap between defence and midfield, this gave Pogba around 50 metres to run into freely. Especially, as you say when Guendozi and Torreira had seemingly forgotten that creation isn't the main part of their role.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    No, I disagree. I saw us controlling the game and getting into plenty of dangerous positions, the build up play through midfield was very good.
    We will agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    I'm not sure I singled out Xhaka for the goal. Torreira and Guendozi were the two that came to mind at the time, poor Xhaka had no idea what to do with himself as he often doesn't at CB. On reflection Cech was culpable.

The point I am making is that a fluent Man U could have taken us apart a further 4 or 5 times. Losing possession when pressing is one of those things.

It happens to all teams when chasing. Xhaka's lack of pace forced us to leave an enormous gap between defence and midfield, this gave Pogba around 50 metres to run into freely. Especially, as you say when Guendozi and Torreira had seemingly forgotten that creation isn't the main part of their role.
    Yep, all fair and balanced points.