Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: The funniest thing is, you just *know* there were a bunch of spurs fans

The funniest thing is, you just *know* there were a bunch of spurs fans

watching who, like me, didn’t know the away goals rule had been scrapped

Reminds me of 2004 when my spurs mate told me loads of their fans were celebrating their last gasp draw against us with such fervour because they didn’t realise we only needed a draw to win the league

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post

Reminds me of 2004 when my spurs mate told me loads of their fans were celebrating their last gasp draw against us with such fervour because they didn’t realise we only needed a draw to win the league
    only problem is, the away goal rule used to be only after extra time anyway....
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    only problem is, the away goal rule used to be only after extra time anyway....
    Some of us forgot that they had scrapped the extra time - went to the pub* to watch it and got in at the end of penalties

*went to a pub with a telly obviously I was already in the pub

I was watching Henry talk about this.

'You want to celebrate the draw? watch me celebrate after the final whistle'

Apparently loads of spurs fans who left the stadium before the team started celebrating on the pitch were seen high fiving each other in jubilation outside the ground

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I was watching Henry talk about this.

'You want to celebrate the draw? watch me celebrate after the final whistle'

Oh yes. I've already had a 'I thought we were through' comment this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Some of us forgot that they had scrapped the extra time - went to the pub* to watch it and got in at the end of penalties

*went to a pub with a telly obviously I was already in the pub
    Shirley, Knipe or Gasthaus, LA ?