Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No matter how many times you do it, the way the US Immigration authorities insist on

They once asked me if I’d ever been to Iraq or the Middle East.

I responded chirpily “well, I’ve been to Israel!”, assuming they’d put two and two together and work out that I’m a harmless Heebie rather than an evil Allan, but this only served to make them even more suspicious

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    asking if you've ever engaged in acts of genocide never stops being funny.

'Well there was that one time...'

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Well, I suppose starving all the buggers to death is certainly a way of avoiding collateral damage to property.
    Destroying off your enemy's ability to sustain its war effort is hardly a novel military tactic, a.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    They once asked me if I’d ever been to Iraq or the Middle East.

I responded chirpily “well, I’ve been to Israel!”, assuming they’d put two and two together and work out that I’m a harmless Heebie rather than an evil Allan, but this only served to make them even more suspicious
    You are a bit brown, to be fair to them. And if you weren't clean-shaven, their suspicion is entirely understandable.

Destroying off your enemy's ability to sustain its war effort is hardly a novel military tactic, a.
    Of course, it's just a good old-fashioned siege. Fine when our chums do it but if a rival does then he's the devil himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Of course, it's just a good old-fashioned siege. Fine when our chums do it but if a rival does then he's the devil himself.
    Nothing old-fashioned about it. Our Saudi cronies are taking suicidal risks in order to protect the non-combatant population. Which is presumably why nobody is talking about it much. #fakenews

We wouldn't do it, not like that
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Nothing old-fashioned about it. Our Saudi cronies are taking suicidal risks in order to protect the non-combatant population. Which is presumably why nobody is talking about it much. #fakenews

Well, no, we wouldn't. We have a voting public at home that takes exception to large numbers of our chaps coming home in boxes in order to preserve the lives of rather dubious foreigners. Saudi has no such problems.

You are a bit brown, to be fair to them. And if you weren't clean-shaven, their suspicion is entirely understandable.
    Looks like he might be a shoe-bomber
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

asking if you've ever engaged in acts of genocide never stops being funny.

'Well there was that one time...'
    Do they still ask if you are a communist?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Well, no, we wouldn't. We have a voting public at home that takes exception to large numbers of our chaps coming home in boxes in order to preserve the lives of rather dubious foreigners. Saudi has no such problems.
    They're not committing suicide, they are merely taking suicidal risks. That's the point; they are behaving very well, not like A says.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post

Right. Taking suicidal risks like bombing schools, hospitals, weddings and market places, and blockading Hodeida, lifeline to millions.

We seem to be on different planets on this one.