Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: De Jog to Barcelona.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Pfft. He can Jog Off.

Who is he? Thon kung-fu chappie?
    No, this is the latest Dutch fanny-dancing, midfield parquímetre prodigy sensation, Frenkie ( ).

Rubbish, basically. Would probably get his papers handed to him twice per week, and three times per week at Christmas, in the Premier League.

Will be brilliant for Barcelona
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    No, this is the latest Dutch fanny-dancing, midfield parquímetre prodigy sensation, Frenkie ( ).

Rubbish, basically. Would probably get his papers handed to him twice per week, and three times per week at Christmas, in the Premier League.

Will be brilliant for Barcelona
    Or dreadful and we'll pick him up for a bargain price in two years :dembele: :sanchez:

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Or dreadful and we'll pick him up for a bargain price in two years :dembele: :sanchez:
    Like we did with :bergkamp:

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    And Barca told us to do one on Suarez because we only want an option to buy rather than an obligation to buy. Quite a few rumblings on James Rodriguez, though. And I think we may get Benatia from Juve in return for letting them have Ramsey now.
    Which would seem rather sensible, would it not?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Which would seem rather sensible, would it not?
    Indeed. We'll never win the Premier League like that
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Apparently Manchester United have told us to fúck off re: loaning Bailly.

We are such a pound shop club in the transfer market...
    Now I am not that experienced in transfers (though more than most having negotiated the signing of 3 players in the past 24 months) though i have to say the basic concept of us, being in 5th place in the league, going and asking the club that is in 6th place in the league, thus a club very much in competition with us for a prized top 4 spot, to lend us one of their players in order to help our challenge to finish above them, thus causing them to potentially miss out on said spot, to be admirable.

Indeed it is top top transfer fúckaboutery.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Now I am not that experienced in transfers (though more than most having negotiated the signing of 3 players in the past 24 months) though i have to say the basic concept of us, being in 5th place in the league, going and asking the club that is in 6th place in the league, thus a club very much in competition with us for a prized top 4 spot, to lend us one of their players in order to help our challenge to finish above them, thus causing them to potentially miss out on said spot, to be admirable.

And hence probably untrue but that won't stop people whinging

It’s Nkukuku from PSG

Shrewd move for Nainggolan if true.

Hideous next tattoo but he has massive gambling debts so guessing the deal is we pay it off and he plays for free circumventing the FFP wage bills rules.

Sort of like Pardew getting paid peanuts at Newcastle because Ashley squashed his debts.

Although not quite just if London is the best place for him...so many vices....bookmaker on every corner.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

I do hope we at least tried it on though.

There's actually all kinds of reasons why it could happen. I gather he's not playing much anyway. Also there's uncertainty there over the manager's job. And Africans don't tend to do very well playing for them, in any case. Surely he'd be happier in London?

And what of the longer game? What if they simply don't fancy him anymore, maybe they'd like to cut their losses and move him out. That's what we'd want our club to do, isn't it.

And surely the idea that the mighty Manchester United would be petty enough to deny him to us on the basis that their future happiness depends on the services, or otherwise, of one dodgy Ivorian defender is laughable. It would be way beneath their dignity

Perfectly understand them appearing to squash the rumours immediately though, of course, for the reasons you pointed out.