Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: TC - thoughts on the Windies England Test series?

TC - thoughts on the Windies England Test series?

Only going to be one winner surely

Seriously think the pace attack of Gabriel, Roach and Joseph (not to mention Holder) will cause England problems - can see us winning the toss and being 40-4 before long (mainly because we normally are). A deep batting line-up and Anderson with the Duke ball will probably save us though

Found it a little strange that none of the games (test, odi or T20) is in Trinidad.

Shame....Sabina park too.

When I think of England touring WI I tend to think of those venues.

-

Anyways should be good opportunity for England to build some consistency post Cook.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Found it a little strange that none of the games (test, odi or T20) is in Trinidad.

Shame....Sabina park too.

When I think of England touring WI I tend to think of those venues.

-

Anyways should be good opportunity for England to build some consistency post Cook.
    No Sabina park is a joke - St Lucia ffs. All done for the English fans money

Can I stick a couple of bob on reading the words 'Calypso Collapso' on here over the next few days and weeks?

A workmate is flying out there today to watch it, but misses the first day. Hopefully for him the pitch won't be too kind to the bowlers.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Only going to be one winner surely

Seriously think the pace attack of Gabriel, Roach and Joseph (not to mention Holder) will cause England problems - can see us winning the toss and being 40-4 before long (mainly because we normally are). A deep batting line-up and Anderson with the Duke ball will probably save us though
    The Duke Ball thing is interesting. Could it be that, after 25 years of overinflated averages (and reputations), the ICC is finally waking up to the possibility that the correlation between its use in a country and the relative popularity of test cricket in that country may not be coincidental?

Fùcking corrupt scumbags.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The Duke Ball thing is interesting. Could it be that, after 25 years of overinflated averages (and reputations), the ICC is finally waking up to the possibility that the correlation between its use in a country and the relative popularity of test cricket in that country may not be coincidental?

Fùcking corrupt scumbags.
    ICC probably given up caring about the red ball game tbf