Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: WES and Burney - several months ago you both insisted that the ERG wouldn't vote for

WES and Burney - several months ago you both insisted that the ERG wouldn't vote for

May's deal and I predicted they would if the alternative was no Brexit.

Mogg, Chairman of the ERG, has now strongly hinted that he'll vote for it and the DUP have also made the first noises that they'll fall into line with only a small concession on the backstop.

Another hobby, chaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post

Mogg, Chairman of the ERG, has now strongly hinted that he'll vote for it and the DUP have also made the first noises that they'll fall into line with only a small concession on the backstop.

Another hobby, chaps?
    But the backstop IS the deal, m. And that 'small concession' is the legally-binding agreement that allows us to exit it at a time of our choosing. And that concession has been repeatedly refused by Brussels.

So it's not really the same, is it?

Another hobby, chaps?
    Eh? What's this about Mogg voting for May's deal?

Mogg has been clear all along that he preferred no deal to May's deal and I have heard nothing to suggest this has changed. I also have no recollection of our exchange on this topic but I can assure you that I was right.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Eh? What's this about Mogg voting for May's deal?

Mogg has been clear all along that he preferred no deal to May's deal and I have heard nothing to suggest this has changed. I also have no recollection of our exchange on this topic but I can assure you that I was right.
    I just searched for it. It's pretty damning for you, to be honest, mate. Makes you look a right c*nt. At this point I'd probably just say something diversionary about the weather and move on.

I just searched for it. It's pretty damning for you, to be honest, mate. Makes you look a right c*nt. At this point I'd probably just say something diversionary about the weather and move on.
    Nice try.

Unusually, Burney is correct on this one, possibly because it doesn't involve anything difficult, like numbers. The backstop is the only issue Mogg et al have with May's deal so saying he'll sign the deal if the backstop is removed is really pretty meaningless and consistent with everything I've ever posted, I'm sure.

Nice try.

Unusually, Burney is correct on this one, possibly because it doesn't involve anything difficult, like numbers. The backstop is the only issue Mogg et al have with May's deal so saying he'll sign the deal if the backstop is removed is really pretty meaningless and consistent with everything I've ever posted, I'm sure.
    Oh, hang on, I've just looked more closely at Mogg's quotes and it turns out that you're right.

So anyway...bit nippy out, isn't it!

Oh, hang on, I've just looked more closely at Mogg's quotes and it turns out that you're right.

So anyway...bit nippy out, isn't it!
    Speaking of deflection - nice performance from the lads on Saturday, eh? Sort of thing we'd never get under SFC.

Speaking of deflection - nice performance from the lads on Saturday, eh? Sort of thing we'd never get under SFC.
    I've laid out my views on Emery. I think he's done more than enough to command our support and has given us plenty of cause for optimism. There have been improvements both individually and collectively and I've no problem at all with crediting that to Emery, at least in part.

And I hold anyone criticising him at this point and questioning his suitability for the role with almost as much contempt as those who hounded out Wenger for slightly underachieving for two years.

I've laid out my views on Emery. I think he's done more than enough to command our support and has given us plenty of cause for optimism. There have been improvements both individually and collectively and I've no problem at all with crediting that to Emery, at least in part.

And I hold anyone criticising him at this point and questioning his suitability for the role with almost as much contempt as those who hounded out Wenger for slightly underachieving for two years.
    Oh, I wasn't a dig, I recognise that - unlike some of the mindless cretins on here - you have taken Unai's success with dignity and a sense of maturity that reflects well upon you.

Was I not convinced that you are a socially dysfunctional, utterly immoral, shell of a human being, in some sense I might have actually gained a modicum of respect for you because of it.

Oh, I wasn't a dig, I recognise that - unlike some of the mindless cretins on here - you have taken Unai's success with dignity and a sense of maturity that reflects well upon you.

Was I not convinced that you are a socially dysfunctional, utterly immoral, shell of a human being, in some sense I might have actually gained a modicum of respect for you because of it.
    Thanks man, that means a lot!

I don't even need to read the second paragraph, because the first was so touching, I can't imagine it could get any better