Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marc Overmars to come in and become our Technical Director :cloud9:

Marc Overmars to come in and become our Technical Director :cloud9:

Hopefully he brings De Jong and De Ligt with him

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Now I loved Overmars (I particularly loved the way he looked as though a heavy weight had been dropped on him and he'd been vertically compressed by about six inches), but I don't remember him being very technical.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Now I loved Overmars (I particularly loved the way he looked as though a heavy weight had been dropped on him and he'd been vertically compressed by about six inches), but I don't remember him being very technical.
    He could run really, really fast & reminded me slightly of Del Boy but with very greasy hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Here he is after ordering the execution of Dennis Bergkamp.

Rest easy B, he has the Rich seal of approval.

Des Walker still has nightmares about him and that night at Wembley imo

Brutal speed...

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Rest easy B, he has the Rich seal of approval.
    He used to just kick it behind the defender and then pump his wee legs at tremendous speed until he was in behind before shooting, didn't he? That's what I mostly remember, anyway. Marvellous, of course, but hardly 'technical'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Here he is after ordering the execution of Dennis Bergkamp.

Grand pair of eyebrow on him, there.

Now I loved Overmars

me too

“Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

He used to just kick it behind the defender and then pump his wee legs at tremendous speed until he was in behind before shooting, didn't he? That's what I mostly remember, anyway. Marvellous, of course, but hardly 'technical'.
    I must say that I'm not entirely au fait with the roles & responsibilities of a Technical Director. However, I am convinced that Marc will do a tremendous job of all he is asked to do by Raul (presumably he reports to Raul Sanhelli, anyway?).