Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Marc Overmars to come in and become our Technical Director :cloud9:

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I must say that I'm not entirely au fait with the roles & responsibilities of a Technical Director. However, I am convinced that Marc will do a tremendous job of all he is asked to do by Raul (presumably he reports to Raul Sanhelli, anyway?).
    I have football training later tonight, U12.

I shall ask our own Director of Football.

He actually introduced himself to me in this way.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Does that make you the Technical Director, SW? Do you have a business card I could take?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Does that make you the Technical Director, SW? Do you have a business card I could take?
    No no R. I act merely as team manager / coach and indeed man in charge of transfers. Flat structure at U12.

If I were you, I'd keep a very close eye on that one, sw.

Ultimately he is a scout in the footballing sense as opposed to the ‘hump a small boy in a tent on a weekend away’ type. A very good one based on a successful series of talent acquisitions at BVB over the past decade.

Very likely some rum ones also.

The club is in crisis and the world in a state of chassis because a scout is leaving the club.
    Also,how odd that you should use the phrase 'a state of chassis' to describe the Arsenal atm. I hadn't heard it for years and then my dad used it on the phone to me in precisely the same context on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Also,how odd that you should use the phrase 'a state of chassis' to describe the Arsenal atm. I hadn't heard it for years and then my dad used it on the phone to me in precisely the same context on Saturday.
    There you go.

Two people who you look up to and respect for their wise and sage views of life and the world in general.

There you go.

Two people who you look up to and respect for their wise and sage views of life and the world in general.
    Yes. You are both Dubliners, though, so I suppose I shouldn't be entirely surprised.

The guy had the cushiest job in football.

Paid millions to watch YouTube scout videos for us

Good luck to him at Bayern or wherever he’s off too.