Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marc Overmars to come in and become our Technical Director :cloud9:

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    me too

Never let Sir C pronounce his name in foreign. It'll ruin it. 'Hoovermarge' or something it comes out as.

And I won't even tell you how he says Bergkamp should be pronounced.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I must say that I'm not entirely au fait with the roles & responsibilities of a Technical Director. However, I am convinced that Marc will do a tremendous job of all he is asked to do by Raul (presumably he reports to Raul Sanhelli, anyway?).
    I don't really know who any of these people are, r. I had no idea this Maslinshat chap was even employed by us until he wasn't.

It seems to me we've had to employ about a dozen foreign types to replace one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Hopefully he brings De Jong and De Ligt with him
    He’ll do well to negotiate a loan deal for those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Never let Sir C pronounce his name in foreign. It'll ruin it. 'Hoovermarge' or something it comes out as.

And I won't even tell you how he says Bergkamp should be pronounced.
    Berk[UNSPELLABLE]hamp, isn't it?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Dennis.

thank you, sw
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

It sounded simply dreadful. As he said it it I thought from the awful noises coming out of him I was going to have to perform the Heimlich manoeuvre, but then I realised it was Dutchish and was actually meant to sound like that.

I don't really know who any of these people are, r. I had no idea this Maslinshat chap was even employed by us until he wasn't.

It always seemed odd that half the new staff Ivan Gazidis hired seemed to be from German football, and the rest from Spain. Always a lot of potential for a culture clash of ideas. It appears the Spanish lads have won the battle though. Which is a little disappointing. Clearly the Germans aren’t what they used to be.

Ultimately he is a scout in the footballing sense as opposed to the ‘hump a small boy in a tent on a weekend away’ type. A very good one based on a successful series of talent acquisitions at BVB over the past decade.

Very likely some rum ones also.

The club is in crisis and the world in a state of chassis because a scout is leaving the club.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Ultimately he is a scout in the footballing sense as opposed to the ‘hump a small boy in a tent on a weekend away’ type. A very good one based on a successful series of talent acquisitions at BVB over the past decade.

Very likely some rum ones also.

The club is in crisis and the world in a state of chassis because a scout is leaving the club.
    I've just looked up a picture of him and wouldn't put it past him to hump a small boy in a tent, sw.

He looks like a sexually-deviant General Custer.

skysports-sven-mislintat-arsenal_4552751.jpg