Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The absolute scum who wanted us to lose, to hasten the exit of Wenger...

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    He may well be a 5th placed/good cup run kind of guy but the reality is that we are a 5th place / good cup run type of club and have been more or less since the Invincibles / move to the Emirates.
    Well we were a 3rd-4th placed team for much of that period, but I'll try not to split hairs.

Is it Emery's fault? Of course not. He inherited what he inherited.

Is Emery the kind of man who can make a silk purse out of a sow's ear? Personally I see absolutely no evidence in his past, or with his limited time at Arsenal that he is.

Of course we will give him more time, but I am quite concerned that he's been brought in to keep us in 6th and make a couple of runs at the cups. I see no evidence in his past to suggest he is capable of more in a far more difficult league than he's ever managed in.

I just need to re-set my aspirations to match my expectations and all will be good.

He may well be a 5th placed/good cup run kind of guy but the reality is that we are a 5th place / good cup run type of club and have been more or less since the Invincibles / move to the Emirates.

Yes we flirted once or twice with the concept of a title challenge but ultimately shít our pants. Now we are light years of being realistic challengers. Is there a single Arsenal supporter who in August thinks we will challenge?

I heard the once magical Paul Merson on SSN last Friday describe Man United as being “a million points behind City and Chelsea”. Now perhaps a Freudian slip by Merse but you could see where he was coming from. On that analogy we are probably 1.5m points behind.

At least 2 maybe 3 new defenders, at least 1 new midfield player, at least 1 new wide player – all needed. Not all will or can arrive in one window, especially when the board of the football club are acting like a championship team or at best a PL side whose entire season is based around 40 points and not getting relegated.

This is a long term jobbie we are in.

Not Emery’s fault at all.
    An astute summary of where we find ourselves. Ultimately, this is a money game. And we have very little (comparatively speaking) than City, Liverpool, United and Chelsea. Spurs have the benefit of a fantastic young manager and a couple of fantastic players, but they are probably the team we can catch most realistically. That puts us 5th.

There is no blame to attach to anyone. Kronke is a businessman and runs a very profitable business. Good for him... Don't shout at him for that. He is offloading his business to his son so this will not change for decades.

If you're not happy with 4th-6th and a good cup run then find another team to support that does spend some money.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Well we were a 3rd-4th placed team for much of that period, but I'll try not to split hairs.

Is Emery the kind of man who can make a silk purse out of a sow's ear? Personally I see absolutely no evidence in his past, or with his limited time at Arsenal that he is.

Of course we will give him more time, but I am quite concerned that he's been brought in to keep us in 6th and make a couple of runs at the cups. I see no evidence in his past to suggest he is capable of more in a far more difficult league than he's ever managed in.

I just need to re-set my aspirations to match my expectations and all will be good.
    It’s now official. Carragher has piled in and confirmed this sh*tshower is down to Wenger, Ozil and the Board.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...d-wenger-ozil/

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Mustafi is very wrong, sw.
    He's won the World Cup. If Pep had paid more than thirty million for him, he'd have won the Premier League too. After all, Manchester City's backs are mostly all "wrong" as well

And again
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I'm sure Herb will have something to say about this
    Is this matter entirely kosher?

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    He's won the World Cup. If Pep had paid more than thirty million for him, he'd have won the Premier League too. After all, Manchester City's backs are mostly all "wrong" as well

And again
    Well perhaps one could argue that his full backs are but then the modern full back is not programmed to be a defender first and foremost, and in the attacking sense both Walker and Mendy are fierce weapons.

Centrally both Stones and Laporte are of the very highest level in the PL.

Mustafi is more Otamendi than either of the above.

This my friend is key to the next few years I suggest.

I'm starting to see their point. We need a miracle worker to bring back hope under the Kroenke regime. Someone young, hungry and with a new vision. I don't dislike Emery, but he's never ever going to trouble the league leaders is he? He never really has unless he was the 800lb gorilla in the room.

It's not that he's going to do a terrible job (though he might), it's just that he's a 5th placed/good cup run kind of guy.
    Come come. He's awesome and far better than we deserve. A real miracle that we got him! Hadn't you better worry about your Patriots instead? Mahomes is coming to whup yo a$$!

Well perhaps one could argue that his full backs are but then the modern full back is not programmed to be a defender first and foremost, and in the attacking sense both Walker and Mendy are fierce weapons.

Centrally both Stones and Laporte are of the very highest level in the PL.

Mustafi is more Otamendi than either of the above.
    Mustafi, is a big useless c*nt, is what he is.
    Most of the time it’s a bonus if he can simply remain in an upright position during the 90 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Mustafi, is a big useless c*nt, is what he is.
    Most of the time it’s a bonus if he can simply remain in an upright position during the 90 minutes.
    Well when you put it like that.

I am simply a more generous nature than some.