Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The absolute scum who wanted us to lose, to hasten the exit of Wenger...

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    This my friend is key to the next few years I suggest.
    I'd agree with this. For my part, I think the next few years will make us reassess the last few years of AW's reign much more positively.

Without him, we are going to find our natural level and it won't be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'd agree with this. For my part, I think the next few years will make us reassess the last few years of AW's reign much more positively.

Be fair. We had an incredible run under AW. Once in a generation for a club like ours and at least we had the privilege to have witnessed it.
    Emery, or anyone else will likely fall short. United, City, Chelsea, Liverpool, all capable of spending vastly more on players, and God knows how many managers Liverpool have gone through since they last won the title; proof enough that we should prepare ourselves for a long spell outside of the top 4.

Anything else, really is a huge bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Well perhaps one could argue that his full backs are but then the modern full back is not programmed to be a defender first and foremost, and in the attacking sense both Walker and Mendy are fierce weapons.

Centrally both Stones and Laporte are of the very highest level in the PL.

Mustafi is more Otamendi than either of the above.
    Right. Point is, maybe they wouldn't be if they played for us?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    Come come. He's awesome and far better than we deserve. A real miracle that we got him! Hadn't you better worry about your Patriots instead? Mahomes is coming to whup yo a$$!
    He’s coming to learn a very harsh lesson and to get an extra couple of weeks holiday.

I thought this was our natural level? Otherwise, what's all the fuss about?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Be fair. We had an incredible run under AW. Once in a generation for a club like ours and at least we had the privilege to have witnessed it.
    Emery, or anyone else will likely fall short. United, City, Chelsea, Liverpool, all capable of spending vastly more on players, and God knows how many managers Liverpool have gone through since they last won the title; proof enough that we should prepare ourselves for a long spell outside of the top 4.

Anything else, really is a huge bonus.
    I'm not denying any of that. I just think that in a few years' time, we'll see that AW was doing everything possible and more with not much and all those external factors weighed against him. The line that he was holding us back will be shown up for the unmitigated balls it is.

I'm not denying any of that. I just think that in a few years' time, we'll see that AW was doing everything possible and more with not much and all those external factors weighed against him. The line that he was holding us back will be shown up for the unmitigated balls it is.
    Indeed, a fair observation.

And thanks to SW2. I feel better about the whole thing now that I expect nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    I'm starting to see their point. We need a miracle worker to bring back hope under the Kroenke regime. Someone young, hungry and with a new vision. I don't dislike Emery, but he's never ever going to trouble the league leaders is he? He never really has unless he was the 800lb gorilla in the room.

It's not that he's going to do a terrible job (though he might), it's just that he's a 5th placed/good cup run kind of guy.
    Yes. Many of those absolute scum were actually some of Wenger's fondest admirers, as I recall it. Apparently the idea was to teach the WOB a lesson