Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The absolute scum who wanted us to lose, to hasten the exit of Wenger...

The absolute scum who wanted us to lose, to hasten the exit of Wenger...

I'm starting to see their point. We need a miracle worker to bring back hope under the Kroenke regime. Someone young, hungry and with a new vision. I don't dislike Emery, but he's never ever going to trouble the league leaders is he? He never really has unless he was the 800lb gorilla in the room.

It's not that he's going to do a terrible job (though he might), it's just that he's a 5th placed/good cup run kind of guy.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    I'm starting to see their point. We need a miracle worker to bring back hope under the Kroenke regime. Someone young, hungry and with a new vision. I don't dislike Emery, but he's never ever going to trouble the league leaders is he? He never really has unless he was the 800lb gorilla in the room.

It's not that he's going to do a terrible job (though he might), it's just that he's a 5th placed/good cup run kind of guy.
    He may well be a 5th placed/good cup run kind of guy but the reality is that we are a 5th place / good cup run type of club and have been more or less since the Invincibles / move to the Emirates.

Yes we flirted once or twice with the concept of a title challenge but ultimately shít our pants. Now we are light years of being realistic challengers. Is there a single Arsenal supporter who in August thinks we will challenge?

I heard the once magical Paul Merson on SSN last Friday describe Man United as being “a million points behind City and Chelsea”. Now perhaps a Freudian slip by Merse but you could see where he was coming from. On that analogy we are probably 1.5m points behind.

At least 2 maybe 3 new defenders, at least 1 new midfield player, at least 1 new wide player – all needed. Not all will or can arrive in one window, especially when the board of the football club are acting like a championship team or at best a PL side whose entire season is based around 40 points and not getting relegated.

This is a long term jobbie we are in.

Not Emery’s fault at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    He may well be a 5th placed/good cup run kind of guy but the reality is that we are a 5th place / good cup run type of club and have been more or less since the Invincibles / move to the Emirates.

Yes we flirted once or twice with the concept of a title challenge but ultimately shít our pants. Now we are light years of being realistic challengers. Is there a single Arsenal supporter who in August thinks we will challenge?

I heard the once magical Paul Merson on SSN last Friday describe Man United as being “a million points behind City and Chelsea”. Now perhaps a Freudian slip by Merse but you could see where he was coming from. On that analogy we are probably 1.5m points behind.

At least 2 maybe 3 new defenders, at least 1 new midfield player, at least 1 new wide player – all needed. Not all will or can arrive in one window, especially when the board of the football club are acting like a championship team or at best a PL side whose entire season is based around 40 points and not getting relegated.

The biggest problem is that Spurs found a decent manager and are currently over achieving when set against financial conditions. If they were still **** we would currently be a 4th place/cup run side which we have been for more than a decade.

Yes, but what if all those new players are actually the "wrong" players yet again? Surely at some point the coach has to actually coach

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes, but what if all those new players are actually the "wrong" players yet again? Surely at some point the coach has to actually coach
    Thank you red - a sage opinion

Give him time to weed out and replace the powder-puff pansies from Wenger's days.
    Then judge him.

in May.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Thank you red - a sage opinion
    Thank you. I know my onions
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Thank you. I know my onions
    I'm sure Herb will have something to say about this

Of course he does, that at the most basic fundamental level is his job and some of these new players will be "wrong". No manager or recruitment policy at any club has ever had 100% success.

My hastily knocked out shopping list was aimed at replacing players such as Lichsteiner/Koscielny/Monreal who may not necessarily have been “wrong” but where age dictates they are replaced or perhaps a Mustafi who may in fact be wrong.

Of course he does, that at the most basic fundamental level is his job and some of these new players will be "wrong". No manager or recruitment policy at any club has ever had 100% success.

My hastily knocked out shopping list was aimed at replacing players such as Lichsteiner/Koscielny/Monreal who may not necessarily have been “wrong” but where age dictates they are replaced or perhaps a Mustafi who may in fact be wrong.
    Mustafi is very wrong, sw.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”