Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: peter. You cannot abandon a lady and leave her potless and homeless.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    So we've lost interest in poor Peter's dreadful predicament I see. I am surprised no-one suggested the obvious solution of him delivering an almighty great kick in the **** to his tormentor. She would at least be somewhat taken aback as I believe she perceives him as some kind of soft touch.

In my experience even the foulest and most vociferous old harpy pipes down as soon as you fire the old Doc Marten into their growler

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    So we've lost interest in poor Peter's dreadful predicament I see. I am surprised no-one suggested the obvious solution of him delivering an almighty great kick in the **** to his tormentor. She would at least be somewhat taken aback as I believe she perceives him as some kind of soft touch.

In my experience even the foulest and most vociferous old harpy pipes down as soon as you fire the old Doc Marten into their growler

Jesus christ....

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Jesus christ....
    I'm not sure he could help you on this one, p.

Still, H's recommendation of violence is a little below the belt.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I'm not sure he could help you on this one, p.

Still, H's recommendation of violence is a little below the belt.
    Everyone is on my case about not giving her a penny from the house.

I find this hugely depressing.

Just giove her the house. You're a man, you're strong. You can fight and toil and get another house. She is but a weak and feeble woman. What does she know from houses and how to get them?

Try to act with fairness in this matter and you will learn to love yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Just giove her the house. You're a man, you're strong. You can fight and toil and get another house. She is but a weak and feeble woman. What does she know from houses and how to get them?

Try to act with fairness in this matter and you will learn to love yourself.
    *******s to that. I gave a commitment and I intend to honour it, regardless of what the other party chooses to do.

*******s to that. I gave a commitment and I intend to honour it, regardless of what the other party chooses to do.
    Big strapping lad like you? See it as a challnge, peter!

I started again from scratch at the age of 40. It was the making of me. Concentrated the mind, you know. I spent the next 10 years a money-making machine!

It fried my brains, mind. Now I'm little better than a vegetable.

I find this strange as well, she is certainly entitled to a %, what that is needs sorting out.

Good luck, horrible thing to be going through, feel your pain
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I find this strange as well, she is certainly entitled to a %, what that is needs sorting out.

Good luck, horrible thing to be going through, feel your pain
    Nobody seems to be remotely interested in the idea that I gave her my word on this when we bought the house. It was my word. It came with no strings attached, regardless of outcome or who did what to whom. I gave the same word to her mother who gave us the deposit.

To me the very idea is unthinkable. It is one thing to be spiteful and unpleasant with emotions. Extending that to a financial commitment is just plain wrong. THe only justification is revenge and extracting a pound of flesh.

Well, I for one respect your decision to be true to your word.

Whether she deserves it is another matter. Could have been a kind of Stockholm Syndrome going on, if she was as bad as you say. Presumably you loved her once, which is when you made your promise. At least you were aware enough not to marry her.

Does she deserve it?