Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
I know our circumstances are different, but if it comes to us going our own way I won't let the mum of my 3 kids struggle to afford a house, it isn't her fault she can't now work and medication doesn't seem to help ..... she is still a mum and any help i can give I will
Yes, your situation is different but the principle is the same. With mine, she could work but only for a short period of time. Then there would be an argument and she would have to leave. It just wasnt worth the drama and she would burn through every company she could work for in a matter of months.

I didnt mind looking after her but as the years went by the demands grew higher and more expensive and she left me to do everything. she literally wouldnt even put the bins out. I'd go to Malaysia for a week and come back to a house that looked like studnets lived in it.

As hard as the last few months have been I am sort of glad it happened. It woke me up to some awful things that had become normalised in my head. I've been so unhappy in the relationship for years and have tried to leave so many times. Its best for both of us but she cant see that. She can only see how hard her life is going to be without me to support her.

It's very sad but I had to get out. she has no intention of acknowledging her problems and seeking any help. Part of me hopes my leaving will prompt her to do this but I genuinely doubt it.