Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Amidst the breathlessness of the media and hysteria of the twitterati,

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Is that a threat,b?
    Not at all. Me telling you that we'll be stringing your sort up from lampposts e're long would be a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Blimey. Nightingales in Clapham.
    What sort of utopia is this ?
    If in Berkeley Square, why not in Clapham? Although I suppose the poor bird does run the risk of being stabbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    If in Berkeley Square, why not in Clapham? Although I suppose the poor bird does run the risk of being stabbed.
    Have you ever actually heard a Nightingale sing? It's really not all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. My sister bought a house on Mallinson Rd (just off Northcote Rd) in about 93 or 94. It wasn't especially cheap at the time, but it was peanuts compared to the seven figures she sold the cvnt for in 2012.
    Even Brixton, my ex-wife sold the flat for £650k+ and that was about 8 years ago.

and no I don't want to talk about how much I sold it to her for

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Even Brixton, my ex-wife sold the flat for £650k+ and that was about 8 years ago.

and no I don't want to talk about how much I sold it to her for
    I feel your pain, psrb. Currently in the process of transferring the equity from my old place. All very amicable, but I'm accepting a valuation that is some way below market value because a/ I'd quite like to stop paying the mortgage thank you very much and b/ What else are you gonna do? Quibble? Squabble and end up giving most of it to the lawyers? Such is life.

Not at all. Me telling you that we'll be stringing your sort up from lampposts e're long would be a threat.
    You have to admit it is all rather funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    You have to admit it is all rather funny.
    Of course. Most things are when looked at dispassionately.

Also, I do find the liberation from party politics rather wonderful. I increasingly find myself genuinely not being able to tell purely from what they say which party MPs represent anymore.

I feel your pain, psrb. Currently in the process of transferring the equity from my old place. All very amicable, but I'm accepting a valuation that is some way below market value because a/ I'd quite like to stop paying the mortgage thank you very much and b/ What else are you gonna do? Quibble? Squabble and end up giving most of it to the lawyers? Such is life.
    wait until you get divorced, b.

that's where the real financial pain manifests...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Of course. Most things are when looked at dispassionately.

Also, I do find the liberation from party politics rather wonderful. I increasingly find myself genuinely not being able to tell purely from what they say which party MPs represent anymore.
    Vote of no confidence seems to be a waste of time. Conservatives and DUP all seem to be claiming they will back the government. Think Corbyn has ****ed this up a bit.

On the way up? The Northcote Road is basically Hampstead now.
    This is no time for hyperbole, b.

Next you'll be telling me it's safe for a cracker to show his face on Railton Road.