Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Amidst the breathlessness of the media and hysteria of the twitterati,

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I won't bang on about it, but I really cannot emphasise enough that you need to act quickly, harshly and decisively in this. The longer it goes on, the more of a foothold she gets and the more emboldened and vicious she will get. It sounds to me like she's still in the raging stage. That can be a bit scary but it's better than the calculating, manipulative stage, believe me. Act now.
    she doesnt have a stage other than rage, b. she is incapable of calculation, she is just too damn angry.

I can guarantee you this- you have never known anyone like her. she is off the charts loony.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    My logic is that as we bought it together and have lived their together the house is ours, rather than mine. Had we got married (I refused) it would be half hers so I think she is entitled to the same rights as though we were married- given that it was me that didnt want to get married.

I am sticking with that.
    Joints tenants or tenants in common require both names to be on the deeds.
    If her name isn't on the deeds and you are not married and don't have kids together, she is king-sized, fúcked on making a claim for a percentage of the house.

Your MiL, if she can demonstrate, directly, a link of cash given for a deposit on the house on her behalf, she may have a claim for that.

I'd use the offer of giving her share of the deposit back on sale of the house as an incentive to get this over quickly.

Then fúck her out of the window for ever.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Given there are no official ties, would you really be happy to allow her an undeserved half share of the house ?
    Your chivalrous logic, although (if I may say so) possibly unwarranted given the behavioral patterns of the third party, does you proud
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

she doesnt have a stage other than rage, b. she is incapable of calculation, she is just too damn angry.

I can guarantee you this- you have never known anyone like her. she is off the charts loony.
    All the more reason to get it sorted ASAFP.

One word of advice, do not get into bargaining. I remember the wife's ex campaigning for ages to be allowed back into the house when we weren't there to take his old stuff (this despite the entire contents of the house having been granted to my wife). We obviously weren't having that and offered to drop off a bunch of stuff if he provided a list. In classic style, he used this perceived weakness to conduct a campaign of harassment for months. Eventually I got sick of it and just dumped his crap outside his house when it was raining. His 'priceless' collection of vintage Chelsea programmes was absolutely fvcked.

I spent that evening talking to a policeman he'd convinced I'd committed criminal damage. It was only because we were able to produce the document proving the court had granted ownership of the house's contents to my wife that I didn't end up getting nicked.

This is the sort of sh1t they do when you try and bargain with them. They use it as an opportunity to make your life hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Given there are no official ties, would you really be happy to allow her an undeserved half share of the house ?
    Your chivalrous logic, although (if I may say so) possibly unwarranted given the behavioral patterns of the third party, does you proud
    yes, agreed.

But when he looks back on the whole sorry episode in a couple of years+, he'll be crying into his light ale about what an idiot he was to give half his estate to a batshít mentalist who shared, only a relatively short, period of their lives together.

A small sum to make sure she is safe for the next 90 days is all that he really needs to do.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

All the more reason to get it sorted ASAFP.

One word of advice, do not get into bargaining. I remember the wife's ex campaigning for ages to be allowed back into the house when we weren't there to take his old stuff (this despite the entire contents of the house having been granted to my wife). We obviously weren't having that and offered to drop off a bunch of stuff if he provided a list. In classic style, he used this perceived weakness to conduct a campaign of harassment for months. Eventually I got sick of it and just dumped his crap outside his house when it was raining. His 'priceless' collection of vintage Chelsea programmes was absolutely fvcked.

I spent that evening talking to a policeman he'd convinced I'd committed criminal damage. It was only because we were able to produce the document proving the court had granted ownership of the house's contents to my wife that I didn't end up getting nicked.

This is the sort of sh1t they do when you try and bargain with them. They use it as an opportunity to make your life hell.
    Well, yeah, you cant talk to her at all. Its a waste of time.

she can have half he house. No other conversation is going to take place.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    yes, agreed.

But when he looks back on the whole sorry episode in a couple of years+, he'll be crying into his light ale about what an idiot he was to give half his estate to a batshít mentalist who shared, only a relatively short, period of their lives together.

A small sum to make sure she is safe for the next 90 days is all that he really needs to do.
    It really isn't a good idea. Currently, she's rat poor, which limits her capacity for mental acts of vengeance severely. Give her several thousand pounds she doesn't deserve and who knows what sort of mayhem she'll conjure up?

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    yes, agreed.

I wont regret it for a second, trust me. We have been together for 12 years and I would regret shafting her out of her half.

Whether she deserves it or not (she doesnt) I promised it from the start and asked her to trust me. Going back on that now is not something I could live with. It would be a spiteful act because of her behaviour. I will be spiteful in other respects but not money.

It really isn't a good idea. Currently, she's rat poor, which limits her capacity for mental acts of vengeance severely. Give her several thousand pounds she doesn't deserve and who knows what sort of mayhem she'll conjure up?
    I gave her 3 grand which she still has. Its all bull****, she is hopeless. she is talking about turning up at my work today. I know there is no way she is going to do that. She cant be arsed.

I gave her 3 grand which she still has. Its all bull****, she is hopeless. she is talking about turning up at my work today. I know there is no way she is going to do that. She cant be arsed.
    No, but the threat is the point. My wife's ex was constantly threatening to call her boss and tell him how awful she was so that he'd sack her. It was a stupid, empty threat,but it worked in so far as it kept her awake nights.
    It keeps you constantly on edge and worried and unhappy. That's the aim.

Has she started phoning your relatives and crying to them about how awful you are, yet? That's another one.