Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Amidst the breathlessness of the media and hysteria of the twitterati,

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    My life has been absolute hell since October. When I finally escaped it started getting better, slowly.

Problem is, she is still in my house. She cant afford to support herself so we have to sell it. I just have to wait for her to accept this. I may end up having to evict her as it is actually my house.
    Did she make any financial contributions to the house? Rent, board, etc? Contribute towards any adaptations to the building?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    So where are you living at the moment?

Also, can you not wait until she goes out for work or whatever, nip in, change the locks and if she kicks up a fuss, get the police to drag her away, citing her death threats as reason for you demanding an exclusion order against her? Rip the plaster off quickly imo.
    I rented a flat in chelmsford. Nice place actually. Left her with enough money to survive for at least three months while she finds an income. She hasnt worked in years, I've been supporting her. This is why she has gone potty about me leaving.

I could do what you suggest. I really dont want it to come to that even though, by any objective measure, she ****ing deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Did she make any financial contributions to the house? Rent, board, etc? Contribute towards any adaptations to the building?
    It sounds like she turned it into an absolute hellhole. Does that count?

She hasnt earned or contributed a penny to anything in at least 5 years.

Her mother contributed towards the deposit when we bought the place six years ago.

It sounds like she turned it into an absolute hellhole. Does that count?
    probably not, b. As long as her name is nowhere near the deeds, P will be safe as, er, houses.

And, P, I'd get in there whilst she's out and get a load of bacon under the grill...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

She hasnt earned or contributed a penny to anything in at least 5 years.

Her mother contributed towards the deposit when we bought the place six years ago.
    Crikey, is the, sort of, MiL dead yet?

I rented a flat in chelmsford. Nice place actually. Left her with enough money to survive for at least three months while she finds an income. She hasnt worked in years, I've been supporting her. This is why she has gone potty about me leaving.

I could do what you suggest. I really dont want it to come to that even though, by any objective measure, she ****ing deserves it.
    Being entirely serious now, in my experience of this sort of person (which is more extensive than I'd like due to my wife's ex being an actual, full-blown psychopath), you're best off going in hard and early. If the law is on your side, use it to its fullest extent. The longer you delay, the worse it will get.

probably not, b. As long as her name is nowhere near the deeds, P will be safe as, er, houses.

And, P, I'd get in there whilst she's out and get a load of bacon under the grill...
    Everything is in my name and she had to sing a form when we remortgaged waiving all claim to the house.

Despite all this, I would happily give her half of everything. She wants all of it. Of course she does

Being entirely serious now, in my experience of this sort of person (which is more extensive than I'd like due to my wife's ex being an actual, full-blown psychopath), you're best of going in hard and early. If the law is on your side, use it to its fullest extent. The longer you delay, the worse it will get.
    this is ound advice, p...

Being entirely serious now, in my experience of this sort of person (which is more extensive than I'd like due to my wife's ex being an actual, full-blown psychopath), you're best off going in hard and early. If the law is on your side, use it to its fullest extent. The longer you delay, the worse it will get.
    Its not easy, b. she has moved on to suicide threats now. I have a genuine fear, on some level, that she might actually do it.