Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Amidst the breathlessness of the media and hysteria of the twitterati,

Amidst the breathlessness of the media and hysteria of the twitterati,

as we live through these 'historic days' of absolute 'turmoil' and utter 'national crisis', it's heartening to note how very few fúcks the man on the Clapham omnibus actually gives as he goes about his daily business in the same quiet, steadfast manner in which he comports himself every day.

wd British hoi polloi. No tanks on the streets for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    as we live through these 'historic days' of absolute 'turmoil' and utter 'national crisis', it's heartening to note how very few fúcks the man on the Clapham omnibus actually gives as he goes about his daily business in the same quiet, steadfast manner in which he comports himself every day.

It's not the time for getting aereated just yet, tbh. Let's see what actually happens before we get angry about it.

You were in Clapham today? My word!

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It's not the time for getting aereated just yet, tbh. Let's see what actually happens before we get angry about it.
    Oh life is far too short for anger, old chap. Consider the beauty of a spring dawn, the wonder of man's ingenuity, the song of the nightingale, the bit in Zulu with Michael Caine shouting, "Front rank fire!" Here is peace. Perfect peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Is that a threat,b?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    You were in Clapham today? My word!
    Good Lord no, not literally Clapham. Mind you, I believe I heard that Clapham is on the way up, as it were? When I was a youth it was pretty much a dangerous ghetto.

Oh life is far too short for anger, old chap. Consider the beauty of a spring dawn, the wonder of man's ingenuity, the song of the nightingale, the bit in Zulu with Michael Caine shouting, "Front rank fire!" Here is peace. Perfect peace.
    Blimey. Nightingales in Clapham.
    What sort of utopia is this ?

Good Lord no, not literally Clapham. Mind you, I believe I heard that Clapham is on the way up, as it were? When I was a youth it was pretty much a dangerous ghetto.
    It certainly is. I think it's actually pronounced Clarf'm now. The area between Clapham and Wandsworth commons, known as 'Nappy Valley' is so terribly terribly that on the Northcote Road you can't even get a proper breakfast any more. Crushed avocados only, I'm afraid.

On the way up? The Northcote Road is basically Hampstead now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    It certainly is. I think it's actually pronounced Clarf'm now. The area between Clapham and Wandsworth commons, known as 'Nappy Valley' is so terribly terribly now that on the Northcote Road you can't even get a proper breakfast any more. Crushed avocados only, I'm afraid.
    Yes. My sister bought a house on Mallinson Rd (just off Northcote Rd) in about 93 or 94. It wasn't especially cheap at the time, but it was peanuts compared to the seven figures she sold the cvnt for in 2012.