Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So - what will the vote result be tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Fair play to you, GG - but Macron epitomises the EU elite, so how can you be supporting both sides?
    I'm not supporting Macron. All my old free rave mates wanted Melenchon.

Unless I've unknowingly did a Trump type "mispeak" and genuinely accidently said do when I meant don't, what has made you think I like Macron?

ffs, all my Frog mates have been moaning about him since before the election.

Fair play to you, GG - but Macron epitomises the EU elite, so how can you be supporting both sides?
    He's very hard to nail down ...Dago and Septic are two of his fav terms , yet he gives out about the racist northerners ...he's a conflicted man our GG

Quote Originally Posted by bbrian View Post
    He's very hard to nail down ...Dago and Septic are two of his fav terms , yet he gives out about the racist northerners ...he's a conflicted man our GG
    Yes, he definitely loves hurling around the racial pejoratives and displaying outright bigotry to the northern working class. I think he does it because he can get away with it on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I'm not supporting Macron. All my old free rave mates wanted Melenchon.

Unless I've unknowingly did a Trump type "mispeak" and genuinely accidently said do when I meant don't, what has made you think I like Macron?

ffs, all my Frog mates have been moaning about him since before the election.
    You support the EU Elite and treat those who oppose it with contempt. You despise democracy as is evident all all your ravings on here. Macron is a creature of the technocratic nobility that is the European ruling class whose side you have taken.

The demands of the GJ boil down to seeking greater democratic accountability, which is the antithesis of what Macron and the EU stand for.

You support the EU Elite and treat those who oppose it with contempt. You despise democracy as is evident all all your ravings on here. Macron is a creature of the technocratic nobility that is the European ruling class whose side you have taken.

The demands of the GJ boil down to seeking greater democratic accountability, which is the antithesis of what Macron and the EU stand for.
    Poor old gg is emblematic of a large proportion of the pro-EU lobby. All their political lives, they've considered themselves left of centre, anti-materialist, progressive, anti-establishment, champions of the working classes and anti-authority, only to discover that, when the rubber hits the road, they are in fact profoundly conservative, profoundly bourgeois snobs who would prefer to cling to an undemocratic, supranational protectionist, corporatist bureaucracy than accept a democratic decision made by people they instinctively consider their social and intellectual inferiors.

I mean, many of us always knew how hypocritical and self-serving the so-called progressive middle-class left has always been, but they really have shown themselves up very badly in the last couple of years.

So for poor old gg, he sees chaps lobbing bricks at coppers and instinctively thinks he should be on their side. However, the minute 'the people' threaten to change anything about his comfortable existence, he sh1ts his pants and clings to bourgeois authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Poor old gg is emblematic of a large proportion of the pro-EU lobby. All their political lives, they've considered themselves left of centre, anti-materialist, progressive, anti-establishment, champions of the working classes and anti-authority, only to discover that, when the rubber hits the road, they are in fact profoundly conservative, profoundly bourgeois snobs who would prefer to cling to an undemocratic, supranational protectionist, corporatist bureaucracy than accept a democratic decision made by people they instinctively consider their social and intellectual inferiors.

I mean, many of us always knew how hypocritical and self-serving the so-called progressive middle-class left has always been, but they really have shown themselves up very badly in the last couple of years.

So for poor old gg, he sees chaps lobbing bricks at coppers and instinctively thinks he should be on their side. However, the minute 'the people' threaten to change anything about his comfortable existence, he sh1ts his pants and clings to bourgeois authority.

Bit harsh

But bang on the money

Burney gets my vote
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    But bang on the money

Burney gets my vote
    I think the last two years has shown the majority of us, on both sides, to be rather confused and hypocritical in some of our political views.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I think the last two years has shown the majority of us, on both sides, to be rather confused and hypocritical in some of our political views.
    At least Jeremy has stuck by his "fúck the Jews" principles...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I think this in no small degree because we have been clinging to party structures that are utterly unfit for the purpose. We've been hammering the square pegs of right/left party divisions into the round holes of modern politics and it's left us all rather schizoid.

In fact, the really interesting thing about politics is that the average voter is simultaneously far to the left AND far to the right of mainstream politics. We've tried to apply the sticking plaster of centrism to this gaping wound, but it's just not going to hold much longer.