Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So - what will the vote result be tonight?

So - what will the vote result be tonight?

I reckon it will be closer than expected, close enough that the Tories will portray it as a first step in getting the deal over the line.

I also reckon that at some point tonight John McDonnell will be interviewed and my blood pressure will close in on 210/140.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I reckon it will be closer than expected, close enough that the Tories will portray it as a first step in getting the deal over the line.

I also reckon that at some point tonight John McDonnell will be interviewed and my blood pressure will close in on 210/140.
    When is Brexit date?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

well. closer than expedcted means it won't be the worse result in 95 yrs... it will be a blood bath and both side will still make out they won... we won't ever leave the EU imo
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    well. closer than expedcted means it won't be the worse result in 95 yrs... it will be a blood bath and both side will still make out they won... we won't ever leave the EU imo
    lost vote and an extension to A50 imo

1st July, we'll be electing MEPs again...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    lost vote and an extension to A50 imo

1st July, we'll be electing MEPs again...
    Thing is, the only way that can happen is by destroying the Tory party - and very possibly the Labour Party.
    All in all, a GE would be my favoured outcome. Imagine an election contested by two parties who can’t summon up a coherent or meaningful manifesto on the main question we’re voting on?
    The death of party politics!
    Effectively electing individuals rather than parties!
    Actual democracy!
    Wouldn’t that be marvellous?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Thing is, the only way that can happen is by destroying the Tory party - and very possibly the Labour Party.
    All in all, a GE would be my favoured outcome. Imagine an election contested by two parties who can’t summon up a coherent or meaningful manifesto on the main question we’re voting on?
    The death of party politics!
    Effectively electing individuals rather than parties!
    Actual democracy!
    Wouldn’t that be marvellous?
    I can't help but think the same about the end of party politics.

Still, a general election?

Why not? Shirley, Corbyn is still not electable given his somewhat píss poor history of anti-semtism and, well, everything else?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Why not? Shirley, Corbyn is still not electable given his somewhat píss poor history of anti-semtism and, well, everything else?
    That’s the whole joy of it. Nobody is electable. The redundancy of the party system is becoming increasingly apparent and that’s a great thing.

Quite an achievement that amongst this utter cluster****, Labour are still 6 points behind the Tories in the latest opinion polls

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Quite an achievement that amongst this utter cluster****, Labour are still 6 points behind the Tories in the latest opinion polls
    Not a shock, no party has a policy that they all agree onm, so every party will have a fudge of a policy that makes the general public think they are an utter waste of space, and none of them worth electing.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    ... and none of them worth electing.
    absolutely correct, imo.

best of a bad bunch lottery .