Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: So - what will the vote result be tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I think this in no small degree because we have been clinging to party structures that are utterly unfit for the purpose. We've been hammering the square pegs of right/left party divisions into the round holes of modern politics and it's left us all rather schizoid.

In fact, the really interesting thing about politics is that the average voter is simultaneously far to the left AND far to the right of mainstream politics. We've tried to apply the sticking plaster of centrism to this gaping wound, but it's just not going to hold much longer.
    Our party divide never Worked with regard to the EU which is largely why it was kept off the agenda for so long.

Both major parties have been led from their respective centres for nearly a century, barThatcher, and now Corbyn. I think it works in the main but leans towards consistency and stability. It doesnt facilitate anything resembling major change.

Quote Originally Posted by bbrian View Post
    He's very hard to nail down ...Dago and Septic are two of his fav terms , yet he gives out about the racist northerners ...he's a conflicted man our GG
    I'm not a cultural relativist.

French, Indians, Ravers, travellers, all the Arsenal players and managers who gave me joy - v. Good.

Every other EU country I've lived in, incl Spain, obv - good

Tories, northerners, yanks, yank owners, and some çunt who drops Ozil, loses us Rambo and gets Sven to go cos he only wants to sign cloggers he used to manage in Spain or wherever - bad.

Not rocket science, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I'm not a cultural relativist.

French, Indians, Ravers, travellers, all the Arsenal players and managers who gave me joy - v. Good.

Every other EU country I've lived in, incl Spain, obv - good

Tories, northerners, yanks, yank owners, and some çunt who drops Ozil, loses us Rambo and gets Sven to go cos he only wants to sign cloggers he used to manage in Spain or wherever - bad.

Not rocket science, is it?
    Ramsey is ****. I have nothing more to add.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Yes, he definitely loves hurling around the racial pejoratives and displaying outright bigotry to the northern working class. I think he does it because he can get away with it on here.
    I do it to people's faces.

I just can't stand Goras (whites) who play the working class greivance card when in the eyes of my mates among the street kids of Delhi, their first world passport and their welfare state makes them the same as the Duke of fücking Westminster.

And all the northerners I know live I met in London ravers or Euro teknivals, so they all agree. Much better than the north - that's why they left for somewhere more civilised.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I do it to people's faces.

I just can't stand Goras (whites) who play the working class greivance card when in the eyes of my mates among the street kids of Delhi, their first world passport and their welfare state makes them the same as the Duke of fücking Westminster.

And all the northerners I know live I met in London ravers or Euro teknivals, so they all agree. Much better than the north - that's why they left for somewhere more civilised.
    Delhi is ****. I have nothing more to add.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Poor old gg is emblematic of a large proportion of the pro-EU lobby. All their political lives, they've considered themselves left of centre, anti-materialist, progressive, anti-establishment, champions of the working classes and anti-authority, only to discover that, when the rubber hits the road, they are in fact profoundly conservative, profoundly bourgeois snobs who would prefer to cling to an undemocratic, supranational protectionist, corporatist bureaucracy than accept a democratic decision made by people they instinctively consider their social and intellectual inferiors.

I mean, many of us always knew how hypocritical and self-serving the so-called progressive middle-class left has always been, but they really have shown themselves up very badly in the last couple of years.

So for poor old gg, he sees chaps lobbing bricks at coppers and instinctively thinks he should be on their side. However, the minute 'the people' threaten to change anything about his comfortable existence, he sh1ts his pants and clings to bourgeois authority.
    1. Actually, for most of my adult life I considered myself an anarchist trying to create a spiritual revolution by putting up banging sound systems and getting people to reach spiritual planes through strong hullucinogens. So while you clearly think I'm insane I'm not your average middle class lefty.

For me, travelling Europe doing raves and festies for 2-3 decades after uni was a lifestyle.

So I couldn't care less even if the Brexit scare stories were true. If it was an undemocratic neolib bosses club, or an undemocratic communists dictatorship in waiting, I couldn't care.

I'm a Londoner raver and a EuroTeknival traveller. Not a Britisher.

And as long as I can blat around Europe with my European mates getting off my tits, that's a good enough reason to be a 100% Remainer.

On why I support the Gilet Jaunes - nothing to do with them lobbing rocks at coppers. Unlike many of my punk, traveller mates, I'm a Gandhian pacifist on that score.

It's because when de Gaulle created the 5e Republic in '58, the rule by decree "ordonnances" were only meant to be used in the rarest of national security emergencies.

Macron is now using them all the time to rule by decree.

So the people I was peacefully protesting with were doing so for constitution change - the Melenchonists among them want a 6e Republic based on the UK parlaimentary system.

I would have thought you'd have supported that, B.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I reckon it will be closer than expected, close enough that the Tories will portray it as a first step in getting the deal over the line.

I also reckon that at some point tonight John McDonnell will be interviewed and my blood pressure will close in on 210/140.
    And this vote of no confidence...

Now that there is 'confidence' in HM Government, shirley now is the time for Corbyn to fall on his sword?

If he can't topple the government during this shítshow, he never, ever, will.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    And this vote of no confidence...

Now that there is 'confidence' in HM Government, shirley now is the time for Corbyn to fall on his sword?

If he can't topple the government during this shítshow, he never, ever, will.
    Well since the Tory party and the DUP have a majority the chances of him winning it was fairly remote...... Only a Tory with such a safe majority would have risked voting against her as why would you want to risk losing your job
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Well since the Tory party and the DUP have a majority the chances of him winning it was fairly remote...... Only a Tory with such a safe majority would have risked voting against her as why would you want to risk losing your job

So why ask for it? Is it cos he is thick?

Further evidence that he believes party politics appears to trump the most important national issue for decades.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    So why ask for it? Is it cos he is thick?

Further evidence that he believes party politics appears to trump the most important national issue for decades.
    It was to make a show...which seems to be about 75% of politics nowerdays...now I hate Michael Gove, but loved his speach yesterday when he ripped Vince Cable in 2
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar