Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So who would be considered a long termer from the current squard ?

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    he is not.
    Not his best position

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    From what I’m reading on here, we’re ok with Auba, Laca, Torriera, Guen, Holding, and maybe Leno.
    Can be of use: Bellerin, Kolasinac, Mkhitaryan, Iwobi, AMN, Monorail, Large Greek, Cech.
    Prospects: ESR, Nelson, Mavropanos.

Too expensive: Ramsey & Ozil.

The rest can all fark off out the window ?

That’s a fair bit of squad building in prospect.
    Guen is miles below Premiership level right now, both in terms of intelligence and strength. I'm not saying he won't get there, but at the moment he should be on loan or in the reserves. I have no idea what point Emery is proving by paying Ozil and Ramsey to not do very much, but he isn't even fit to lace either of their boots. He continually gets knocked off the ball and when he doesn't he usually passes it for a goal kick or to the opposition. Enthusiastic, but poor.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    He's quite good at playing football. Players who won Bundesliga player of the year usually are. Hope that helps.
    What about players who got in the Bundesliga team of the year at Left Back, or they usually good at defending?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Defensively he's pretty hopeless.

Probably a lone voice but I love Mikkie. Our downturn in creativity coincided largely with his injury, he's much underrated, I think.

Also, Bellerin is a keeper imo mostly because I think Unai will get the best out of him.

Ozil is too expensive. Ramsey just isn't good enough and never has been.
    Well said big man.

Seems a lot of our supporters just need to hate a current player.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Well said big man.

Well I, for one, do not hate the fellow, I just fail to see what he brings to the party. Or, indeed, what he's supposed to bring to the party.

Of course it's possible that I just have a blind sport. It's an affliction that can strike anyone. Why, do you know, I remember someone who could never appreciate the enormous contribution made by our red-haired Swedish genius! Imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Well I, for one, do not hate the fellow, I just fail to see what he brings to the party. Or, indeed, what he's supposed to bring to the party.

Of course it's possible that I just have a blind sport. It's an affliction that can strike anyone. Why, do you know, I remember someone who could never appreciate the enormous contribution made by our red-haired Swedish genius! Imagine.
    I like him but he seems like a sad sack.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Well said big man.

Yup. Same way WES hates Ramsay and you, well...

p1602.jpg

Yes. He's neither use nor ornament, as my grandmother would have said.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I like him but he seems like a sad sack.
    He comes from one of those made up places which are always having a civil war, doesn't he? No wonder he's miserable. He's going to have to go home and fight his brother sometime.

He comes from one of those made up places which are always having a civil war, doesn't he? No wonder he's miserable. He's going to have to go home and fight his brother sometime.
    It was so much easier when it was all just the Soviet Bloc and you didn't have to care about silly, made-up places, wasn't it? They all p1ssed in the same pot and you could just ignore their petty differences. In general, I think I preferred it - although I'll grant you that the people living there probably didn't.