Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So who would be considered a long termer from the current squard ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So who would be considered a long termer from the current squard ?

From what I’m reading on here, we’re ok with Auba, Laca, Torriera, Guen, Holding, and maybe Leno.
    Can be of use: Bellerin, Kolasinac, Mkhitaryan, Iwobi, AMN, Monorail, Large Greek, Cech.
    Prospects: ESR, Nelson, Mavropanos.

Too expensive: Ramsey & Ozil.

The rest can all fark off out the window ?

That’s a fair bit of squad building in prospect.
    Last edited by 7sisters; 01-14-2019 at 03:25 PM.

Might just be me but I think kolasinac is ****e...

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Not as shíte as Wânkdozy imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Defensively he's pretty hopeless.

Probably a lone voice but I love Mikkie. Our downturn in creativity coincided largely with his injury, he's much underrated, I think.

Also, Bellerin is a keeper imo mostly because I think Unai will get the best out of him.

Ozil is too expensive. Ramsey just isn't good enough and never has been.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Also, Bellerin is a keeper imo
    he is not.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Defensively he's pretty hopeless.

Probably a lone voice but I love Mikkie. Our downturn in creativity coincided largely with his injury, he's much underrated, I think.

Also, Bellerin is a keeper imo mostly because I think Unai will get the best out of him.

Ozil is too expensive. Ramsey just isn't good enough and never has been.
    Well said big man.

Seems a lot of our supporters just need to hate a current player.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Well said big man.

Seems a lot of our supporters just need to hate a current player.
    Well I, for one, do not hate the fellow, I just fail to see what he brings to the party. Or, indeed, what he's supposed to bring to the party.

Of course it's possible that I just have a blind sport. It's an affliction that can strike anyone. Why, do you know, I remember someone who could never appreciate the enormous contribution made by our red-haired Swedish genius! Imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Well I, for one, do not hate the fellow, I just fail to see what he brings to the party. Or, indeed, what he's supposed to bring to the party.

Of course it's possible that I just have a blind sport. It's an affliction that can strike anyone. Why, do you know, I remember someone who could never appreciate the enormous contribution made by our red-haired Swedish genius! Imagine.
    I like him but he seems like a sad sack.

Yes. He's neither use nor ornament, as my grandmother would have said.

Which is an inaccurate recollection if I can say so.

To deny his contribution would be idiotic given the goals he scored, specifically goals in the run in to the title in 2002 when we lost Pires.

My bone of contention was simply that as a footballer I thought he was a little over-rated and that as a footballer he could count himself so very extremely lucky to have played on the same grass at the same time and in the same team as others such as Bergkamp, Henry, Vieira etc. who elevated him to a level beyond his actual technical football ability.

He also dyed his hair red, people loved that, some people. He earned a lot of public kudos on this fashion decision.

He is seen as a hero and club legend whereas a player such as Wiltord is often viewed with an almost disdain, despite him also scoring a lot of goals for the club including as iconic a goal as any the Swede did.

My perceived hatred of the man was always over stated.