Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If you're already c*unting off Emery, 6 months in, having had just one transfer

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    He needs time (and transfer windows). All of the players you mention (Ozil, Mustafi, Ramsey, Elneny) will be sold or released at the end of their contracts. This is not Emery's fault - he didn't sign them and it's clear that he does not feel they can contribute as well as others in this setup.

We'll have more money to play with in the summer due to the Addidas deal and I would expect us to sign a winger, a central midfielder and at least two defenders. We just have to make the best of this season - if we can finish in the top 5 or 6 then that would be mission accomplished.
    We've £180m in the bank (source: Swiss Ramble), I'm not suggesting for a moment that we spunk the lot but to say we have no money for transfers is *******s. Uncle Stan may not want to spend it but that's very different from saying we have no money.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    We've £180m in the bank (source: Swiss Ramble), I'm not suggesting for a moment that we spunk the lot but to say we have no money for transfers is *******s. Uncle Stan may not want to spend it but that's very different from saying we have no money.
    I read that it's to do with FFP and the wage bill. Loan transfers do not count against your permanent staff wage bill and FFP states that the wage bill cannot go up by more than x% per season. The Ozil deal (amongst others) means that we are very close to the x% threshold and face a fine if we do buy permanently in this window.

If we swap Ramsey for Benatia that will work as Benatia will offset Ramsey's wages.

Wage bill restrictions innit? I'm pretty sure the issue isn't a lack of cash for transfer fees. Our wage bill can only go up by a certain amount each year if you're using TV money to finance it and then you have to use additional revenue earned from commercial deals and transfer profits. Problem is our commercial revenue doesn't increase by a substantial amount unless the main deals get renewed and we haven't been making any transfer profits.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    That depends which Ozil we would have had. The visionary genius, or the indifferent stroppy won who doesn't like a bit of intensity?

I do find it puzzling that Emery didn't even have him on the bench but at this point he deserves the benefit of the doubt. He's trying to implement a new way of playing and it's hard to believe that Ozil wouldn't be in the team if he was embracing change.
    No version of Ozil could have made us less effective than we were. West Ham could have gone home 10 mins before the end and still won.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Yup. It's miles better than the 'failing every year for the same reason but sticking by your manager for sentimental reasons' trophy.
    The FA Cup is a trophy, I quite liked winning that 3 of the last 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    The FA Cup is a trophy, I quite liked winning that 3 of the last 5 years.
    Yes. One heroic come back, one hammering and one deying the Chavs the double. Get in.

And some sexy goals to boot.

My only regret during the final AW years was losing the Uefa semi when 1-0 up against ten men at home due to shît defending.

But saying that feels as churlish as blaming Spunky for Nayim '95.

10 years of AFTV types moaning they wanted a real trophy, not 4th place. AW gives them 3 in 5 and they moan that they'd rather we were in the CL.

Dago out. AW, Ozil, Rambo in. And Santi back while we're at it. Even a half-fit Santi is better than any MF that this cûnt starts. And my missus is a better centre half than any of the fückers he's starting every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Yes. One heroic come back, one hammering and one deying the Chavs the double. Get in.

And some sexy goals to boot.

My only regret during the final AW years was losing the Uefa semi when 1-0 up against ten men at home due to shît defending.

But saying that feels as churlish as blaming Spunky for Nayim '95.

10 years of AFTV types moaning they wanted a real trophy, not 4th place. AW gives them 3 in 5 and they moan that they'd rather we were in the CL.

Dago out. AW, Ozil, Rambo in. And Santi back while we're at it. Even a half-fit Santi is better than any MF that this cûnt starts. And my missus is a better centre half than any of the fückers he's starting every week.
    The midfield we are starting with now beggars belief. Ozil and Ramsey not in and ****ing Guendozzy starting? **** me, John Matthews looked better.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    The midfield we are starting with now beggars belief. Ozil and Ramsey not in and ****ing Guendozzy starting? **** me, John Matthews looked better.
    As has been mentioned elsewhere, Guen is just having to play too many games and be too heavily relied upon. He's far from **** but needs to pulled out of the firing line and given a rest as most clubs do with young talent.

As has been mentioned elsewhere, Guen is just having to play too many games and be too heavily relied upon. He's far from **** but needs to pulled out of the firing line and given a rest as most clubs do with young talent.
    He was really poor on Saturday. I was quite surprised.

Our midfield is **** but I think the full backs are the big problem. I think that will be the priority in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    He was really poor on Saturday. I was quite surprised.

Our midfield is **** but I think the full backs are the big problem. I think that will be the priority in the summer.
    Said it before but I'd grab Digne off Everton, best LB in the PL, imo