Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you're already c*unting off Emery, 6 months in, having had just one transfer

If you're already c*unting off Emery, 6 months in, having had just one transfer

window to meaningfully work in, I'm very sorry to tell you that it's highly probable that you deserve cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    window to meaningfully work in, I'm very sorry to tell you that it's highly probable that you deserve cancer.
    I find myself wondering how many of those c*nting off Emery were also critical of Wenger in the 99-01 years and you will recall that there was no shortage of it about back then. In particular, I wonder if those who accuse him abandoning the traditions of the club were completely happy when Wenger fielded a first 11 which consisted entirely of non-British players. If not selecting Ozil and Ramsey and insisting on positional discipline is abandoning our club’s traditions, what was that?

In short, you’re wrong, they completely and utterly deserve cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I find myself wondering how many of those c*nting off Emery were also critical of Wenger in the 99-01 years and you will recall that there was no shortage of it about back then. In particular, I wonder if those who accuse him abandoning the traditions of the club were completely happy when Wenger fielded a first 11 which consisted entirely of non-British players. If not selecting Ozil and Ramsey and insisting on positional discipline is abandoning our club’s traditions, what was that?

Well I'm glad neither one of you two happens to be my doctor, brutal stuff!
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

That match was crying out for Ozil. We also looked instantly better the moment Ramsey came on.

Stan is too worried out his darling LA Rams to worry about little, old us

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    That match was crying out for Ozil. We also looked instantly better the moment Ramsey came on.

That depends which Ozil we would have had. The visionary genius, or the indifferent stroppy won who doesn't like a bit of intensity?

I do find it puzzling that Emery didn't even have him on the bench but at this point he deserves the benefit of the doubt. He's trying to implement a new way of playing and it's hard to believe that Ozil wouldn't be in the team if he was embracing change.

Yes but Ozil hasn't exactly been Mr dependable, has he?

I also thought the pitch condition was pretty poor.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

He probably should’ve been on the bench but I wouldn’t say it was crying out for him. The trouble with Özil is yes he has the ability to create something out of nothing but for the last 18-24 months he has been a passenger in too many games. Do you play him because today might be the day he’s on form, knowing full well that It might be one of those games where he shrugs his shoulders through most of it? Özil was great for us in his first three years but our fans talk about him like you’re leaving Bergkamp out of the team.

For me the biggest problem is playing 3 at the back. All we have going forward is overlaps from the wing backs. Our midfielders aren’t going to give any creativity through the middle. He needs to go back to four at the back and either play Iwobi as a 10 or put Ramsey in there.
    Last edited by Billy Goat Sverige; 01-14-2019 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    He probably should’ve been on the bench but I wouldn’t say it was crying out for him. The trouble with Özil is yes he has the ability to create something out of nothing but for the last 18-24 months he has been a passenger in too many games. Do you play him because today might be the day he’s on form, knowing full well that It might be one of those games where he shrugs his shoulders through most of it? Özil was great for us in his first three years but our fans talk about him like you’re leaving Bergkamp out of the team.

For me the biggest problem is playing 3 at the back. All we have going forward is overlaps from the wing backs. Our midfielders aren’t going to give any creativity through the middle. He needs to go back to four at the back and either play Iwobi as a 10 or out Ramsey in there.
    We need to trim the squad by selling or letting go average players on large salary (hard to sell them I know), decide once nad for all if Ozil is in or not, if not, ship him out and save £17m a yr on wages, have a smaller squad but of a better quality ... hate to say this bit, a bit like Spurs ahve done
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

That depends which Ozil we would have had. The visionary genius, or the indifferent stroppy won who doesn't like a bit of intensity?

I do find it puzzling that Emery didn't even have him on the bench but at this point he deserves the benefit of the doubt. He's trying to implement a new way of playing and it's hard to believe that Ozil wouldn't be in the team if he was embracing change.
    I think we looked better when Ramsey came on not because he was excellent but because he is a player whose primary focus is to attack and support the front two, he was still guilty on more than one occasion of peak Ramsey where he lost the ball when he should not.

Problems all through that team on Saturday with the exception of Leno. Mustafi really is a fúcking eejit and must be consigned to the big bin of shít****s, the midfield was dire and poor wee Guendozi is now sinking lower each week as simply he is being over played and over exposed, the transition from Ligue2 should really be a gradual one and not one where he is expected to excel week on week.

If a player like Elneny cannot play a role then get rid of him and bring in a resource the manager trusts. If Ozil is so far out of the managers plans, and with respect to the financial drain on the club, then again get rid and reinvest his money in a more prudent and efficient way.

The powers that be appear to be almost hanging Emery out to dry a little and it is not cool. Perhaps not helping himself either to a degree, Next 4 games include Chelsea, United and City so there is a very decent chance we could lose all 3 at which point the retards will be out in force criticising the man.

Shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I think we looked better when Ramsey came on not because he was excellent but because he is a player whose primary focus is to attack and support the front two, he was still guilty on more than one occasion of peak Ramsey where he lost the ball when he should not.

Problems all through that team on Saturday with the exception of Leno. Mustafi really is a fúcking eejit and must be consigned to the big bin of shít****s, the midfield was dire and poor wee Guendozi is now sinking lower each week as simply he is being over played and over exposed, the transition from Ligue2 should really be a gradual one and not one where he is expected to excel week on week.

If a player like Elneny cannot play a role then get rid of him and bring in a resource the manager trusts. If Ozil is so far out of the managers plans, and with respect to the financial drain on the club, then again get rid and reinvest his money in a more prudent and efficient way.

The powers that be appear to be almost hanging Emery out to dry a little and it is not cool. Perhaps not helping himself either to a degree, Next 4 games include Chelsea, United and City so there is a very decent chance we could lose all 3 at which point the retards will be out in force criticising the man.

Shocking.
    I'm looking forward to seeing how our favourite Welsher does at Juve. The slower pace of the game in Serie A will suit him, packed defences and a risk averse culture where giving the ball away in midfield is a punishable by death, will not.

I'll be very surprised if he's consistently in the first 11 there by Jan next year.