Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If you're already c*unting off Emery, 6 months in, having had just one transfer

Unai should win the Europa League and then hand in his notice and release a statement about how messed up everything is.

Awesome coach pour moi but feel out fans deserve a few seasons of Fat Sam / Moyes as punishment.

Quite embarrassing when he have to repeatedly sub Ox on 70 minutes to save an extra £10k or not being able to get Callum or Reece back from loan because of the loan break fees they would have to pay Fulham and Hoffenheim.

It seems they are trying to change but going about it the wrong way.

On the one hand the issue of players running down their contracts and holding us to ransom but they’re publicly f ucking over Ramsey to do it while at the same time Ozil sits around playing Fortnight.

I do like they’ve stopped announcing how much they’ve got to spend. Always annoyed me. If you got money to spend then why tell the world? We just got repeatedly r aped in the transfer market for it.

But they’ve gone full circle and announced that we’re skint when it was last thing fans wanted to here.

It might be a tactic to get Suarez and Calypso on the cheap but hardly good PR.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    That depends which Ozil we would have had. The visionary genius, or the indifferent stroppy won who doesn't like a bit of intensity?

I do find it puzzling that Emery didn't even have him on the bench but at this point he deserves the benefit of the doubt. He's trying to implement a new way of playing and it's hard to believe that Ozil wouldn't be in the team if he was embracing change.
    Everything's sooooooooooooooo much better under Unai.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    It might be a tactic to get Suarez and Calypso on the cheap but hardly good PR.
    I can only think it is a message to Barca that Suarez needs to be tried before he is bought...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Everything's sooooooooooooooo much better under Unai.

Yes, glad you've finally come around.

It's great that we now have a new manager with new ideas and it's interesting seeing how they do or don't work out. It makes Arsenal worth following. Watching us fail year after year for the same reasons was just too dull to bother with.

Yes, glad you've finally come around.

It's great that we now have a new manager with new ideas and it's interesting seeing how they do or don't work out. It makes Arsenal worth following. Watching us fail year after year for the same reasons was just too dull to bother with.
    The new ideas trophy

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    ... and poor wee Guendozi is now sinking lower each week as simply he is being over played and over exposed, the transition from Ligue2 should really be a gradual one and not one where he is expected to excel week on week.
    I do like the lad, but you're absolutely spot on.

He needs to be brought in and out the squad, for the experience.
    However, whilst his shít**** midfield partner, Xhaka, puts in performances like he did on Saturday, poor Gwen will be first name on the team sheet...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    The new ideas trophy
    Yup. It's miles better than the 'failing every year for the same reason but sticking by your manager for sentimental reasons' trophy.

Yup. It's miles better than the 'failing every year for the same reason but sticking by your manager for sentimental reasons' trophy.
    I agree, we have a manager who can now ship out the players he doesn't want, gets in new players that fit his style, and not suck it up to the so called world class players no matter how crap they play... wd imo

It will take time, and since we stuck by AW for the last 2-3 seasons when it was obvious it was going wrong, it is failr obvious we should give him a couple of seasons to get the changes we need done
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I think we looked better when Ramsey came on not because he was excellent but because he is a player whose primary focus is to attack and support the front two, he was still guilty on more than one occasion of peak Ramsey where he lost the ball when he should not.

Problems all through that team on Saturday with the exception of Leno. Mustafi really is a fúcking eejit and must be consigned to the big bin of shít****s, the midfield was dire and poor wee Guendozi is now sinking lower each week as simply he is being over played and over exposed, the transition from Ligue2 should really be a gradual one and not one where he is expected to excel week on week.

If a player like Elneny cannot play a role then get rid of him and bring in a resource the manager trusts. If Ozil is so far out of the managers plans, and with respect to the financial drain on the club, then again get rid and reinvest his money in a more prudent and efficient way.

The powers that be appear to be almost hanging Emery out to dry a little and it is not cool. Perhaps not helping himself either to a degree, Next 4 games include Chelsea, United and City so there is a very decent chance we could lose all 3 at which point the retards will be out in force criticising the man.

Shocking.
    He needs time (and transfer windows). All of the players you mention (Ozil, Mustafi, Ramsey, Elneny) will be sold or released at the end of their contracts. This is not Emery's fault - he didn't sign them and it's clear that he does not feel they can contribute as well as others in this setup.

We'll have more money to play with in the summer due to the Addidas deal and I would expect us to sign a winger, a central midfielder and at least two defenders. We just have to make the best of this season - if we can finish in the top 5 or 6 then that would be mission accomplished.

It's funny because up until recently I could have sworn your reasons for thinking everything was sooooooo much better under Emery extended a leeeetle beeeet beyond "We may still be ****, but we're not quite as certain that we're always going to be quite so sh*t as we were under Wenger"