Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Emery out!

Wengerball made me happy. GG's back 5 made me happy. This cünt doesn't. I'd make a banner but I no longer care about this team. None of them ever saw Highbury. So **** 'em. Ozil and Rambo in. Don't care if we lose three on the trot with them starting as long as they combine for one sexy, Wengerball goal.[/QUOTE]

Well, it’s a view, and on current standing, it’s difficult to understand why a fully fit Ozil, costing 350k pw, didn’t even make the squad, in a game against West Ham ?
    He has his reasons and time will judge him but he can’t be held accountable for the way Wenger and Gazidis ran down these player contract situations and the black hole funding debacle in the run up to his appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    It depends on your view, of course, but the tangible improvement lies simply in the fact that Wenger is no longer in charge, is no longer the manager. That's the big thing. Small matters like, How is the new manager getting on? Well, we've got the rest of history to fuss and fight over that.

Wenger leaving was as much for his own sake as it was for change at the club. Wenger still had a reputation to preserve. Who knows, he may still have one but his last 3 seasons have caused it to take a blow and people could see this coming... and for what, to provide a smokescreen for the owner and the board? The only way this could be seen was for Wenger to leave. He just left a couple of years too late.

Now that Wenger has gone, we will be able to see what the club are all about as no one will endure what Wenger had/chose to endure. Appointing Emery was perhaps a little underwhelming for some, particularly as he probably under-achieved at PSG, but maybe a logical appointment. There had to be a mutual benefit to both. A man trying to manage his slightly dented reputation and a club that won't throw money wildly. IF Arsenal had more money, would they have hired Emery How much will Emery endure to protect this board and owner? It depends but I could argue a lot less than Wenger.

What do we know that has happened since Wenger left? Perhaps Gazidis has decided that Wenger going removes some protection, so he sounded out his availability and ran as soon as he could?

Is Emery good enough? Time will tell and it will take at least, 2 full seasons. What we will find out is how much Wenger was really protecting the owner and the board inability/unwillingness to take the club forward on the pitch and how much was his own failings.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    That's not quite true though, is it. Of course you didn't hound Wenger out after twenty years in the job. You hounded him out after about 8 years of achieving everything that could have been expected of him followed by two years of under-achievement. Which puts a rather different slant on things.
    Not even that really. He won the FA Cup the year before and finished 5th. Not an under-achievement for our current financial situation.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Not even that really. He won the FA Cup the year before and finished 5th. Not an under-achievement for our current financial situation.
    6th biggest football revenue in the world and you make out we have a "financial situation"..... couldn't make it up.

Wenger was happy to overpay for average players who then we couldn't move om. £350k a week for a player was a joke then, and an even bigger joke now.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    6th biggest football revenue in the world and you make out we have a "financial situation"..... couldn't make it up.
    and I suppose that is at the root of the frustration for fans.

The Arsenal earn big money and charge the fans a fortune to see the team.
    I wouldn't mind being milked so hard if we could regularly challenge for the title and see top quality players on the pitch in every position. To say we have no money for players is laughable when there are hundreds(?) of millions in the bank.

But I suppose we'll make do with Xhaka, Iwobi, Mustafi, et al whilst Stan buys up real estate for himself in the USA.
    And that is also a point, innit? Football isn't for the Yanks because, quite simply, they don't understand it.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

he’s only earning 58p a second.

Not so bad when you think about it like that.

All relative. So he can buy a kit kat every second..f uck him. Big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post

Wenger was happy to overpay for average players who then we couldn't move om. £350k a week for a player was a joke then, and an even bigger joke now.
    60k per week for Elneny and Jenkinson. You couldn’t make it up.

I would rather Jenkinson and Elneny play over Lichsteiner and Xhaka. Just putting that out there.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    60k per week for Elneny and Jenkinson. You couldn’t make it up.
    How do you ****ing know that then, you seen their wage packets?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Too soon?

He does give the impression that he is somewhat clueless, I fear.
    I must admit surprise that he didn't sort the defence out, as #1 priority. Even my ten year old daughter knows we allow too many goals.

That's the thing with professionals in nowadays' football, I suppose; they're as concerned with their precious processes as they are with results
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."