Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Emery out!

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    How long are you going to keep making these pathetic excuses?
    I’ve no sympathy. The likes of you pushed for this shítshow and now you’ve got it you’re STILL pointing the finger at the guy who allowed us to overachieve all those years?

I don't think we overachieved under Wenger. He was a revolutionary coach who almost single handedly changed the landscape for training and player recruitment. Others followed and those with more money, overtook him.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

To be fair....He’s having to make do with Wenger’s sloppy seconds and hampered by Ivan’s stupidity.

Koscielny should not be playing. The man needs physiotherapist everyday for the rest of life but we’re forced to play him.

Mustafi was too sh it for Everton. Should’ve seen him coming a mile off.

Xhaka - been saying it since he arrived - how did he get into the Bundesliga team if the year??

Bellend - spoilt entitled millennial

Ozil - a bull shi tter of the highest order. Makes 1 pass and then faffs about for the other 89 minutes. You would think he would man up and get back into the side but he can’t bothered. No respect whatsoever for his team mates who have to go into battle without him.

They all need to go.

As for Ivan - Torreira earns 50k a week but Jenkinson is on £62k.

Couldn’t make it up.

These players are so garbage we shouldn’t be in the league position we’re currently in. Would argue that Unai has over achieved to at least get us within touching distance of top four.

Unfortunately he’s inherited too many dog sh it players.

Maybe Unai can try something I suggested this time last year ie switch the teams around.

Play the kids in the league and aim the 1st team at the Europa League.

What’s the worse that can happen?

Seriously what’s the worst thing?

Willock, ESR, Nketiah and Zech Medley get loads of PL experience for next season.

Wow that’s fkin awful that looool

Get Reece back too. Bundesliga is c rap ie Xhaka. 15 PL games will do him the world of good.

Pretty sure they would do better than what we now.

No, I’m sorry, you don’t get to do that. You don’t get to relentlessly trash the previous manager and his teams for years and then play the ‘Let’s all get behind the team” card as soon as things start getting shít with the new bloke in charge. It’s monstrous hypocrisy.
    I’ll admit that my supposed antipathy to Emery started out as a satirical exercise: holding up a mirror to those who hounded Wenger out to show them what it was like dealing with irrational, spoiled, disloyal people who had become madly fixated on the manager as the source of all our problems.
    However, it’s become slightly more complex as it’s grown increasingly clear that the new bloke actually may be a bit shít. Given this, watching those who wanted Wenger out squirm desperately to make excuses for the new guy they’d never have allowed for Wenger has added a whole new level of comedy.
    Not having that. Wenger had over twenty years in the job. You can’t level accusations of short termism or hounding him out when it was abundantly obvious that all routes led to failure.
    I’m not loyal to the new bloke in any way but I’m not about to start writing him off until I’m satisfied he’s walking the same green mile as Wenger, which isn’t just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Not having that. Wenger had over twenty years in the job. You can’t level accusations of short termism or hounding him out when it was abundantly obvious that all routes led to failure.
    I’m not loyal to the new bloke in any way but I’m not about to start writing him off until I’m satisfied he’s walking the same green mile as Wenger, which isn’t just yet.
    That's not quite true though, is it. Of course you didn't hound Wenger out after twenty years in the job. You hounded him out after about 8 years of achieving everything that could have been expected of him followed by two years of under-achievement. Which puts a rather different slant on things.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    That's not quite true though, is it. Of course you didn't hound Wenger out after twenty years in the job. You hounded him out after about 8 years of achieving everything that could have been expected of him followed by two years of under-achievement. Which puts a rather different slant on things.
    He’d had ten years by that point and it subsequently became clear that he’d peaked and was never going to revive that halcyon period.
    I became more vocal about him being replaced only in the last four or five seasons. I did say on reflection, that he stayed ten years too long, a comment I stand by.
    Emery, or anyone else, will never get to achieve what we had under Wenger. Wenger’s wider influence will become a historical landmark in the English game. You cannot compare the circumstances of Wenger departing, or Emery remaining in the job.

Finally!

I am genuinely curious to know how on earth this crapstack can be considered a tangible improvement on the status quo ante by the Wengerahti.
    It depends on your view, of course, but the tangible improvement lies simply in the fact that Wenger is no longer in charge, is no longer the manager. That's the big thing. Small matters like, How is the new manager getting on? Well, we've got the rest of history to fuss and fight over that.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Which puts a rather different slant on things.
    Not really. We've all been following football long enough to know that even great managers, enjoying universal support and acclaim, practically never survive even their own greatest achievements for too long. And if they do, they rarely come close to emulating them; there's usually a feeling of, Should've bowed out x-number of years before he did.

That just seems to be the way it works in football. In other walks of life, this is simply known as "Having a career."
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Oh, well. If you put it like that:

Your mum is a satirical exercise.

Did you miss Wenger spending much of the last decade basically writing a whole new book of excuses? As such, any indulgences offered to Emery so far remain perfectly within bounds, I'd say

No, I’m sorry, you don’t get to do that. You don’t get to relentlessly trash the previous manager and his teams for years and then play the ‘Let’s all get behind the team” card as soon as things start getting shít with the new bloke in charge. It’s monstrous hypocrisy.
    I’ll admit that my supposed antipathy to Emery started out as a satirical exercise: holding up a mirror to those who hounded Wenger out to show them what it was like dealing with irrational, spoiled, disloyal people who had become madly fixated on the manager as the source of all our problems.
    However, it’s become slightly more complex as it’s grown increasingly clear that the new bloke actually may be a bit shít. Given this, watching those who wanted Wenger out squirm desperately to make excuses for the new guy they’d never have allowed for Wenger has added a whole new level of comedy.

Hang on, we allowed Wenger the folly of indulging in second half season collapses for years. He demonstrated zero aptitude for change or delegation to the point where it was absurd to keep him on.
    It’s ridiculous to trash the new bloke in these circumstances.
    Give him a couple of seasons and show a bit of support. He can only work with what he has and in a fair few cases, that consists of under performing players from Wengers stewardship.
    Emery is in all likely a stop gap to the next manager and we may go through several more over the next decade, such is the pace of change.
    Arsene collapsed in February. The dago's started in Dec-Jan. He can **** off and take Kronke with him. Arsene, Ozil and Rambo in.

He’d had ten years by that point and it subsequently became clear that he’d peaked and was never going to revive that halcyon period.
    I became more vocal about him being replaced only in the last four or five seasons. I did say on reflection, that he stayed ten years too long, a comment I stand by.
    Emery, or anyone else, will never get to achieve what we had under Wenger. Wenger’s wider influence will become a historical landmark in the English game. You cannot compare the circumstances of Wenger departing, or Emery remaining in the job.
    No. It became clear we couldn't compete with Chav and City petrodollars.

Wengerball made me happy. GG's back 5 made me happy. This cünt doesn't. I'd make a banner but I no longer care about this team. None of them ever saw Highbury. So **** 'em. Ozil and Rambo in. Don't care if we lose three on the trot with them starting as long as they combine for one sexy, Wengerball goal.