Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Emery out!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Not even that really. He won the FA Cup the year before and finished 5th. Not an under-achievement for our current financial situation.
    6th biggest football revenue in the world and you make out we have a "financial situation"..... couldn't make it up.

Wenger was happy to overpay for average players who then we couldn't move om. £350k a week for a player was a joke then, and an even bigger joke now.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    6th biggest football revenue in the world and you make out we have a "financial situation"..... couldn't make it up.
    and I suppose that is at the root of the frustration for fans.

The Arsenal earn big money and charge the fans a fortune to see the team.
    I wouldn't mind being milked so hard if we could regularly challenge for the title and see top quality players on the pitch in every position. To say we have no money for players is laughable when there are hundreds(?) of millions in the bank.

But I suppose we'll make do with Xhaka, Iwobi, Mustafi, et al whilst Stan buys up real estate for himself in the USA.
    And that is also a point, innit? Football isn't for the Yanks because, quite simply, they don't understand it.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    and I suppose that is at the root of the frustration for fans.
    The club, and especially the manager, should never, ever mention money, imo.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."