Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Emery out!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    That's not quite true though, is it. Of course you didn't hound Wenger out after twenty years in the job. You hounded him out after about 8 years of achieving everything that could have been expected of him followed by two years of under-achievement. Which puts a rather different slant on things.
    He’d had ten years by that point and it subsequently became clear that he’d peaked and was never going to revive that halcyon period.
    I became more vocal about him being replaced only in the last four or five seasons. I did say on reflection, that he stayed ten years too long, a comment I stand by.
    Emery, or anyone else, will never get to achieve what we had under Wenger. Wenger’s wider influence will become a historical landmark in the English game. You cannot compare the circumstances of Wenger departing, or Emery remaining in the job.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    He’d had ten years by that point and it subsequently became clear that he’d peaked and was never going to revive that halcyon period.
    I became more vocal about him being replaced only in the last four or five seasons. I did say on reflection, that he stayed ten years too long, a comment I stand by.
    Emery, or anyone else, will never get to achieve what we had under Wenger. Wenger’s wider influence will become a historical landmark in the English game. You cannot compare the circumstances of Wenger departing, or Emery remaining in the job.
    No. It became clear we couldn't compete with Chav and City petrodollars.

Wengerball made me happy. GG's back 5 made me happy. This cünt doesn't. I'd make a banner but I no longer care about this team. None of them ever saw Highbury. So **** 'em. Ozil and Rambo in. Don't care if we lose three on the trot with them starting as long as they combine for one sexy, Wengerball goal.