Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I did some Youtube scouting of this Denis Suarez chap and came

I did some Youtube scouting of this Denis Suarez chap and came

to the conclusion that he's probably better than Iwobi and the version of Mkhitaryan Utd gave us. Loves a nutmeg.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    to the conclusion that he's probably better than Iwobi and the version of Mkhitaryan Utd gave us. Loves a nutmeg.
    Heard the James Rodriguez rumours - £63m fee agreed. Don't believe it for 1 second though

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Heard the James Rodriguez rumours - £63m fee agreed. Don't believe it for 1 second though
    bóllocks innit
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I have conducted the same exercise and come to the same conclusion with the key word being 'probably'.

It isn't clear cut, however. And his issue seems to be the same as Iwobi's, the final decision and pass are poor too often. With his pace and skill he would be much more expensive and probably first choice at Barca were that not true.

I exclude Mikki from this analysis however as I am a big Mikkie fan. I still have hopes that he will become the player I have seen in the past, the player that I believe led the Bundesliga in goals and assists one year.*

* I would need a deviant from Dublin or Munich to confirm this, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I have conducted the same exercise and come to the same conclusion with the key word being 'probably'.

It isn't clear cut, however. And his issue seems to be the same as Iwobi's, the final decision and pass are poor too often. With his pace and skill he would be much more expensive and probably first choice at Barca were that not true.

I exclude Mikki from this analysis however as I am a big Mikkie fan. I still have hopes that he will become the player I have seen in the past, the player that I believe led the Bundesliga in goals and assists one year.*

* I would need a deviant from Dublin or Munich to confirm this, of course.
    Led in assists (15) in his last season, scored 11 goals and won Bundesliga Players' Player of the Year. A certain Mr Aubameyang scored 25 goals that season as well

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Led in assists (15) in his last season, scored 11 goals and won Bundesliga Players' Player of the Year. A certain Mr Aubameyang scored 25 goals that season as well
    That was my recollection as well but when I googled it I got the link below which says otherwise

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footba...ear_in_Germany

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    That was my recollection as well but when I googled it I got the link below which says otherwise

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footba...ear_in_Germany
    Different award - like the Footballer Writers's Award and PDF awards in England. the one you link to is the more prestigious one though

Actually looks like PEA won it that year though - very strange

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36433443

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Different award - like the Footballer Writers's Award and PDF awards in England. the one you link to is the more prestigious one though

Actually looks like PEA won it that year though - very strange

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36433443
    I dearly love to think that HM can rediscover some of that form and creativity.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I dearly love to think that HM can rediscover some of that form and creativity.
    More time on the ball, possibly. I’m guessing the overall standard and speed in the bundesliga is below that of the prem, which could be a reason why Sancho and Nelson are scoring for fun.

I thought he was our Ramsey replacement? So we've signed a winger to replace Aaron Ramsey?

Also - who is this Belgian we want - Carriscko or somesuch. Seems much more of an Arsenal signing than Rodriguez

These two signings will not address the hole in our defence, though. Perhaps that is what Mavropanos has been earmarked for :internalsolutions: