Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So the Invincibles thing is safe for another season and Spurs aren't going to win it.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Was there really any confidence that Liverpool would go through the season unbeaten?
    There was a risk, they have played most of the decent teams away from home... a win last night could have given them belief they could have done it.... As long as Spurs don't win the league i dont care if City or Liverpool win it
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    There was a risk, they have played most of the decent teams away from home... a win last night could have given them belief they could have done it.... As long as Spurs don't win the league i dont care if City or Liverpool win it
    It's going to be hard for anybody because people start talking about it after a dozen games nowadays. When we did it, I don't remember anyone mentioning Nottingham Forest until the home stretch of the season.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    It's going to be hard for anybody because people start talking about it after a dozen games nowadays. When we did it, I don't remember anyone mentioning Nottingham Forest until the home stretch of the season.
    I remember it a bit differently.. he had mentioned going unbeaten the year before so by Christmas it was being mentioned more.... but that was 14 yrs ago and I am
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

I remember it a bit differently.. he had mentioned going unbeaten the year before so by Christmas it was being mentioned more.... but that was 14 yrs ago and I am
    Yes, you're right. Was that serious though? More just banter, I remember. Also
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Don't forget we'd been the previous season unbeaten away from home. Wenger

responded to a direct question about whether an unbeaten season was feasible and simply replied that he believed it was.

United fans then had their "Comical Wenger" T-shirts printed and that was the most satisfying thing for me with the invincible phenomenon - that AW effectively ****ed off all Man Utd supporters.