Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Ouroboros.
    Better out than in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Better out than in.
    Very good.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    That is so unfair.

I'm going to join the far left and demand the Premier League becomes a cooperative.

or something.
    The only upside of the communist state under Benign Comrade Corbyn, of course, is that we will become the state team and win the league every year. HUZZAH!

The only upside of the communist state under Benign Comrade Corbyn, of course, is that we will become the state team and win the league every year. HUZZAH!
    could you imagine? Having to cheer that **** at every match whilst he raises his train driver's cap in what used to be the Director's Box :shudder:
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

If you disagree with his business model, don't renew season tickets and don't attend matches

Of course, if he doing anything other than trying his best to make Arsenal the best we can possibly be, we should be questioning him.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    could you imagine? Having to cheer that **** at every match whilst he raises his train driver's cap in what used to be the Director's Box :shudder:
    There would be no director's box, you bourgeois pig! The best seats would go to those who had produced the most coal or dug the most potatoes that week. All hints of luxury will have been removed, there will be nothing to drink but suspiciously horsey beefy drink and raw potatoes. The faces of all the statues of great former players will have been replaced by the faces of the Politburo and the advertising hoardings will show nothing but inspirational communist slogans encouraging you to work harder, eat less and inform on your counter-revolutionary neighbours.

There would be no director's box, you bourgeois pig! The best seats would go to those who had produced the most coal or dug the most potatoes that week. All hints of luxury will have been removed, there will be nothing to drink but suspiciously horsey beefy drink and raw potatoes. The faces of all the statues of great former players will have been replaced by the faces of the Politburo and the advertising hoardings will show nothing but inspirational communist slogans encouraging you to work harder, eat less and inform on your counter-revolutionary neighbours.
    The clock will strike 15 as we kick off...

I didn't need Swiss Ramble to inform me that Kroenke is a cu*t. However it seems that there is a notion that owner's have a duty to plunge money into a club. No owner of American sports teams put money into a club to buy players, front salaries, etc. In fact it's forbidden by league rules. There are 'rich' clubs by nature of their individual media deals, ticket prices, concessions, merchandise, etc. The New York Yankees have about twice the revenue of the Kansas City Royals, for example, but that revenue is solely generated by the club and there are league rules in place regarding how much a team can fork out for player salaries. Plus there's really no such thing as buying a player with solely cash.

Painful to read, and say for that matter, but Arsenal is run like an American franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Arrowhead View Post
    I didn't need Swiss Ramble to inform me that Kroenke is a cu*t. However it seems that there is a notion that owner's have a duty to plunge money into a club. No owner of American sports teams put money into a club to buy players, front salaries, etc. In fact it's forbidden by league rules.....
    It isn't unthinkable that a businessman would invest in a business he has bought, nor is it unthinkable they'd allow the business to borrow to invest. Liverpool's owners have done just that.

Fenway have just won the World Series in Baseball with the best team of the modern era and look a reasonable bet to win the Premiership. They've invested from within the business to achieve that. Even within Baseball the owners have some freedom in this respect, salary caps notwithstanding. Of course, FSG is not owned by one person, which is probably a key factor.

Kroenke believes he can make easy money by retaining Arsenal as a top 6 Premiership franchise. Maybe he could have made more by allowing more investment, but this route is higher risk.

We got unlucky.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    It isn't unthinkable that a businessman would invest in a business he has bought, nor is it unthinkable they'd allow the business to borrow to invest. Liverpool's owners have done just that.

Fenway have just won the World Series in Baseball with the best team of the modern era and look a reasonable bet to win the Premiership. They've invested from within the business to achieve that. Even within Baseball the owners have some freedom in this respect, salary caps notwithstanding. Of course, FSG is not owned by one person, which is probably a key factor.

Kroenke believes he can make easy money by retaining Arsenal as a top 6 Premiership franchise. Maybe he could have made more by allowing more investment, but this route is higher risk.

We got unlucky.
    John Henry wants to win too..and badly . I dont like him personally and have even less time for the rest of the group , but they want to win and have a passion for baseball in particular . John Henry once stormed the offices of the sports hub radio station here as they were slagging him off . He demanded to debate Felger and Mazz and did for an hour ...it made for great radio .
    Stan doesnt have the same passion . They are in the game for different reasons