Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: This description of the meteorite that killed the dinosaurs is a bit sobering.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    The non-linearity and highly unpredictable nature of natural systems should even be within the grasp of an arty farty literary type like you b.

My question to any climate change denialist is what do you actually think the net affect of a few millions extra tons of CO2 in an atmosphere will do - nothing?
    You would do well not to trust scientists.

1. Most of them work ast universities - in effect, still at school when they're 50.
    2. They have to publish stuff to get a grant every year, so guess what? THEY MAKE SHÍT UP.
    3. White-coated workshy ****s.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I think we can only go back to the advent of the slave trade, sc.

whats that 1750ish?
    Which slave trade, i? There was the Arab slave trade (which pre-dated ours by some centuries) and then the Portugee and the Spaniards were at it long before we got in on the act.

What you mean, of course, is that it should date from the involvement of white, English-speaking males (Boo! Hiss!, etc) in doing slavery, which can basically be traced to the foundation of the Royal African Company in (I think) 1660-1670-ish? No other slavery before that counts.
    Last edited by Burney; 01-03-2019 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Which slave trade, i? There was the Arab slave trade (which pre-dated ours by some centuries) and then the Portugee and the Spaniards were at it long before we got in on the act.

What you mean, of course, is that it should date from the involvement of white, English-speaking males (Boo! Hiss!, etc) in doing slavery, which can basically be traced to the foundation of the Royal African Company in (I think) 1660-1670-ish? No other slavery before that counts.
    Oh, I don't know ( I told you history was a shít subject earlier). Probably the latter you mentioned.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”