Click here for Arsenal FC personalised gift shop

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: According to Ornstein we are so broke we can only do Loan deals.

  1. #1

    According to Ornstein we are so broke we can only do Loan deals.

    Ie

    With no major departures expected in January and heavy investment in new signings and contracts over the past year, Arsenal do not have significant funds to spend in the upcoming transfer window.

    Any permanent acquisitions, loan fees and salaries will be drawn from a modest budget and therefore loan deals are more probable, with out-of-favour Barcelona midfielder Denis Suarez, 24, among those under consideration. That budget is likely to increase substantially in the summer.

    We are so broke we wonít recall Chambers because of the fee we will have to pay Fulham.

    Full article:

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46722051

    I take it no one has reviewed Plan X as yet?

    Team bus accident involving Ozil, Xhaka and Mustafi leading to a massive insurance pay out.

  2. #2
    I would definitely assume that someone who writes this ďThe Wales international was in discussions with Arsenal over a new four-year contract, but the offer was withdrawn in September, mainly for football and financial reasons.Ē certainly has some inside knowledge of the position 🙄. Football and financial reasons, nah itís cause heís too tall or we donít like his face. ****ing hell

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Ie

    With no major departures expected in January and heavy investment in new signings and contracts over the past year, Arsenal do not have significant funds to spend in the upcoming transfer window.

    Any permanent acquisitions, loan fees and salaries will be drawn from a modest budget and therefore loan deals are more probable, with out-of-favour Barcelona midfielder Denis Suarez, 24, among those under consideration. That budget is likely to increase substantially in the summer.

    We are so broke we wonít recall Chambers because of the fee we will have to pay Fulham.

    Full article:

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46722051

    I take it no one has reviewed Plan X as yet?

    Team bus accident involving Ozil, Xhaka and Mustafi leading to a massive insurance pay out.
    No wonder we couldnít get a decent manager!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Ie

    With no major departures expected in January and heavy investment in new signings and contracts over the past year, Arsenal do not have significant funds to spend in the upcoming transfer window.

    Any permanent acquisitions, loan fees and salaries will be drawn from a modest budget and therefore loan deals are more probable, with out-of-favour Barcelona midfielder Denis Suarez, 24, among those under consideration. That budget is likely to increase substantially in the summer.

    We are so broke we wonít recall Chambers because of the fee we will have to pay Fulham.

    Full article:

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46722051

    I take it no one has reviewed Plan X as yet?

    Team bus accident involving Ozil, Xhaka and Mustafi leading to a massive insurance pay out.
    Stan is broke ? Someone better alert the NFL

    How come City , spurs , pool and Chelsea also being broke is not an issue?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Ie

    With no major departures expected in January and heavy investment in new signings and contracts over the past year, Arsenal do not have significant funds to spend in the upcoming transfer window.

    Any permanent acquisitions, loan fees and salaries will be drawn from a modest budget and therefore loan deals are more probable, with out-of-favour Barcelona midfielder Denis Suarez, 24, among those under consideration. That budget is likely to increase substantially in the summer.

    We are so broke we wonít recall Chambers because of the fee we will have to pay Fulham.

    Full article:

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46722051

    I take it no one has reviewed Plan X as yet?

    Team bus accident involving Ozil, Xhaka and Mustafi leading to a massive insurance pay out.

    Not sure how much truth is in there. I would suggest that our inability to tie players to long term contracts or sell them in good time (ignoring Ozil) over the past 7 or 8 years must have had an impact on our transfer budget.

    RVP
    Nasri
    Ramsey
    Sanchez
    Wilshere

    All players that went for relatively modest fees or free as they were allowed to run their contracts down too far. Who knows how much we lost out on from those players, given those circumstances?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Not sure how much truth is in there. I would suggest that our inability to tie players to long term contracts or sell them in good time (ignoring Ozil) over the past 7 or 8 years must have had an impact on our transfer budget.

    RVP
    Nasri
    Ramsey
    Sanchez
    Wilshere

    All players that went for relatively modest fees or free as they were allowed to run their contracts down too far. Who knows how much we lost out on from those players, given those circumstances?
    I don't believe any of this sh*t, to be honest. Think it's crap. We got enough money; Kroenke is married to a Walton. They of the Walmart family.

  7. #7
    The issue isnít Kronke being broke.

    Itís that he doesnít want to put any money in and the club has to work with whatever they can generate (actually...from what I gather he has only ever taking money out and not the other way around).

    Itís bad when you canít even think of recalling Chambers because of the fee you would have to pay Fulham even though we own him.

    Ornstein is the clubís mouthpiece so preparing for the worse.

    Wouldnít surprise me if Unai walked away in the summer once he realises the full scale of the rebuilding job.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    I don't believe any of this sh*t, to be honest. Think it's crap. We got enough money; Kroenke is married to a Walton. They of the Walmart family.

    It's about how much money we have available to us, the club. Kronke and co are not going to put any money into the club.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    The issue isn’t Kronke being broke.

    It’s that he doesn’t want to put any money in and the club has to work with whatever they can generate (actually...from what I gather he has only ever taking money out and not the other way around).

    It’s bad when you can’t even think of recalling Chambers because of the fee you would have to pay Fulham even though we own him.

    Ornstein is the club’s mouthpiece so preparing for the worse.

    Wouldn’t surprise me if Unai walked away in the summer once he realises the full scale of the rebuilding job.
    I wouldn’t pay much attention to the media when it comes to Arsenal finances. We’ve been reading juvenile nonsense from them for years. We’re one of the ten richest clubs in the world and the stadium repayments are trivial (and always have been) relative to our gross annual revenues.

    The only issue Unai will race is recovering from some of transfer/wage decisions taken recently but that is short term and he would have known about them when he took the job.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    The issue isn’t Kronke being broke.

    It’s that he doesn’t want to put any money in and the club has to work with whatever they can generate (actually...from what I gather he has only ever taking money out and not the other way around).

    It’s bad when you can’t even think of recalling Chambers because of the fee you would have to pay Fulham even though we own him.

    Ornstein is the club’s mouthpiece so preparing for the worse.

    Wouldn’t surprise me if Unai walked away in the summer once he realises the full scale of the rebuilding job.
    Wasted/lost so much money with bad decisions. Lost out on a proper sized fee for Sanchez. Not selling Ozil, then paying him the earth to stay. The cost of keeping Wenger on again, then having to pay him off to get rid of him. Add in not selling Ramsey, and the huge wages wasted on Mykhitaryan. Every bad decision seems to be a panicked reaction to the last one. Some huge changes to our long term squad planning need to be made. We’d almost be better off, starting again from scratch with a load of the youngsters. Lean times ahead imo.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •