Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: To overly slate Emery at this stage is ridicules.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    It has very little to do with the manager, tbh. Unless the club is run by people who want the best for the club, it ain't going to amount to much. For the record, I think Emery has done ok with what he has at his disposal. The funds or lack there of, that he has available are likely to dictate much of what he is able to achieve.
    Bingo.

My point exactly.

The Septic won't spend what it takes to get us competitive again.

The old board weren't oligarchs but when they knew they needed to spend big - summer '95, winter '06 - they did.

We needed an overhaul.

Yet our CH and GK cost 1/3rd of LFC's

Like when we tried to buy that striker in the Vardy summer. Proved a waste of £20m, gives us nothing and we have to then spent £100m on two shortly afterwards.

We need to accept that Mustafi was a complete waste. We need what he was meant to be - a young, world class CH. And they cost. Also, with Kos ageing, we need another top drawer one, and Papa Doc ain't it.

That's on top of Torreira.

But given the tight budget, we needed to use what we have and we're wasting two of our most creative, end product players in Rambo and Ozil.

It's crap.

hopefully we get a new centre half and ever banega on Jan 1st.

Fingers crossed for Bellend & Monreal.

We need them back ASAP

Midfield wise...I think it’s time for Maitland to get a run in the centre. Maybe a 3 with him and Kolasinac either side of Torreira.

Won’t mind seeing Kola in a more attacking positing where he isn’t tied down to ultra strict positional defending. The lad needs to be let off his leash not held back. Same with Maitland.

Xhaka and Ozil can both leave.

Fed up with Xhaka. Denilson had way more skill, class and consistency than him.

Quote Originally Posted by bbrian View Post
    Its hard for a wily old player like Lickstainer" to come of the bench and be able to keep up with the current pace of the Premier League
    ...its a much different game favoring the attacker to even when the likes of Luzhny was about

Happy new years guns , you little cuddlebug you 😘

*shoutout to Harrysballs rip
    bliain nua sásta aois tú git
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Fair points aside from one word. Pochettino. There are managers who can do more with less. Is Emery in that group? We will find out.
    Ranieri too, of course. And there's also managers who can do alot less with more.

It's high time we all left the money canard behind, I reckon. It was only really ever supposed to be a design to keep Wenger in a job anyway, to mask the fact that him, his team and his players were no longer good enough to win the league. Fairplay to him, he took his chance and squeezed the excuse hard.

I don't think Emery really has anything to prove.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Ranieri too, of course. And there's also managers who can do alot less with more.

It's high time we all left the money canard behind, I reckon. It was only really ever supposed to be a design to keep Wenger in a job anyway, to mask the fact that him, his team and his players were no longer good enough to win the league. Fairplay to him, he took his chance and squeezed the excuse hard.

I don't think Emery really has anything to prove.
    Wenger 98-2008 was the greatest name on that list. He then went on to win 3 more major trophies and delivered a level of consistency in the league that only tailed off in his last two seasons. Yes it was time for him to move on.

Has Emery got anything to prove? Well he’s following the greatest exponent of more with less that ever graced English football. I expect 6th place finishes. Perhaps there is another early days Wenger out there. If Emery isn’t showing improvement I’d rather search for that manager than meander on with someone who has never won a major league with less than enormous funds.

Man U didn’t seem to have an issue recruiting top players when they weren’t in the CL. It’s all about money not what competitions you play in. Plus emery has had 6 months with these defenders and we look worse than we did before. Suspect the players we have don’t fit his system so expect a lot of departures

We also have to accept that the likelihood of finding another Wenger is incredibly remote and any comparisons are pointless.
    I’m all for giving Emery time but also recognise the parallel in finding a good woman. You may have to entertain quite a few that will come up short.
    Statistically, he’s probably not the solution but he’s what we have, so let’s get behind him while he’s here ?

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    We also have to accept that the likelihood of finding another Wenger is incredibly remote and any comparisons are pointless.
    I’m all for giving Emery time but also recognise the parallel in finding a good woman. You may have to entertain quite a few that will come up short.
    Statistically, he’s probably not the solution but he’s what we have, so let’s get behind him while he’s here ?
    I agree. In terms of getting behind him, it's what the fans do at the ground that matters, not what they do on message boards. It helps the whole team when the fans are supportive.

There seems to be a larger pool of more interesting managers out there than 25 years ago. We should get behind Emery 100%, but if things aren't going in the right direction, we have no reason to give him years of floundering.

I agree. He clearly doesn’t have the right players to play the way he wants. The club have to facilitate his transfer window properly

Quote Originally Posted by taxman10 View Post
    I agree. He clearly doesn’t have the right players to play the way he wants. The club have to facilitate his transfer window properly
    But that's the problem. The Septic won't.

The old board would have spent big like when GG left. Like we did in Jan '06 when we were behind the Sperz. Like the Scousers have done. But we brought an old, cheap Greek at CH. And we're prepared to lose Rambo for nothing and will end up paying a fortune for Ozil not to play. But we keep Mustafi.

Worse defence than any of Wenger's. And more sterile than GG at his worst.