Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Honeymoon period's over then ?

Quote Originally Posted by bbrian View Post
    I know , i know ...the amount of goals we are conceding is a concern too though . Im just a bit pessimistic on all things Arsenal i suppose . I dont want him to be a manager that just relies on players pressing and running ...i want him also to be able to coach the stupid out of Iwobi , Xhaxa , Ramsey , Bellerin and a couple more

Um, I would argue that all four of the players you mention are playing better than they ever have for Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Um, I would argue that all four of the players you mention are playing better than they ever have for Arsenal
    Granit is much better this year for sure , Iwobi started well but has faded . Ramsey did score 400 goals once in a season and Bellerin is perhaps coming.back to form
    They still do stupid undisciplined shīt though ...silly backheels from Ramsey , xhaka has no clue how to properly act the cűnt and some of Iwobis passing is still shocking .

I know im nitpicking a bit but im getting bombarded with texts from spurs fans .

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    No, I don’t think we did play better, we played them off the park second half, they couldn’t get near us.

But more importantly, I will point out to you for the last time that we finished 3 places and 14 points behind them last year, so getting upset that we lost to them in the league cup with a makeshift back four shortly after we hammered them in the league strikes me as bizarre.
    I have a different recollection of last year’s game. We certainly defended far better then and I don’t recall them being exhausted.

I’m not upset about the league cup, I fully expected to lose. As for Iwobi playing his best football, have you seen any of the last 10 games? The spurs game in particular he stank out the place.

We’ve becoming a deeply boring team to watch. Not even having a fit Ozil on the bench was a truly bizarre act. He creates more chances in a game than Iwobi creates in a season. It’s not as if leaving Ozil out makes us defend better. We are woeful defensively.

It’s still early days, but the early signs are that we could be heading for tedium and 5th and 6th place fights. If Manu get in Zidane we could be a distant 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    The never lost a second half trophy has gone.

To be fair the only reason we beat Spurs last time is because they were knackered. They are out of our league.
    ??? Aprt from the second halfs we have lost before.

Don't talk crap about Spurs, it was a crap cup game
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

The situation described there is practically the same one the new man inherited when he took the job. But it was the result of twenty-two years. And now we're judging Unai after six months?

I have a different recollection of last year’s game. We certainly defended far better then and I don’t recall them being exhausted.

I’m not upset about the league cup, I fully expected to lose. As for Iwobi playing his best football, have you seen any of the last 10 games? The spurs game in particular he stank out the place.

We’ve becoming a deeply boring team to watch. Not even having a fit Ozil on the bench was a truly bizarre act. He creates more chances in a game than Iwobi creates in a season. It’s not as if leaving Ozil out makes us defend better. We are woeful defensively.

It’s still early days, but the early signs are that we could be heading for tedium and 5th and 6th place fights. If Manu get in Zidane we could be a distant 6th.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    ??? Aprt from the second halfs we have lost before.

Don't talk crap about Spurs, it was a crap cup game
    You don't think they are better than us? Did we field a weakened team?

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    The situation described there is practically the same one the new man inherited when he took the job. But it was the result of twenty-two years. And now we're judging Unai after six months?
    I'm not judging him, just pointing out that there is almost no basis for optimism yet.

You don't think they are better than us? Did we field a weakened team?
    Did they field a weakened team at the start of the month??? I would say they are slightly ahead of us at the moment but the gap is closer than last season and we are heading in the right direction

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Did they field a weakened team at the start of the month??? I would say they are slightly ahead of us at the moment but the gap is closer than last season and we are heading in the right direction
    I think they fielded a knackered team at the start of the month. If you saw the last 20 minutes, that was pretty evident.

I think they fielded a knackered team at the start of the month. If you saw the last 20 minutes, that was pretty evident.
    They must have been knackered at the start of the game then as for the first 20 mninutes we blew them away.... so using your reasoning, we would have been knackered as we had a days less rest from last weekend