Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Honeymoon period's over then ?

Honeymoon period's over then ?

Took the dog for a walk at half time, expecting us to be back in the game on my return

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Took the dog for a walk at half time, expecting us to be back in the game on my return
    We’re proper ordinary. That’s the grim truth.

Arsène never made us ordinary.

The never lost a second half trophy has gone.

To be fair the only reason we beat Spurs last time is because they were knackered. They are out of our league.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    It would seem so. Time for Unai to start stressing the need for a Winter break now.

Although, hasn't that already been decided upon? Next season?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    The never lost a second half trophy has gone.

To be fair the only reason we beat Spurs last time is because they were knackered. They are out of our league.
    Well, they certainly were last season when we finished 3 places and 14 points behind them. This season it remains to be seen but given that we pasted them 4-2 not so long ago and are only 5 points back it’s certainly not over yet.

But chin up mate, the rot is behind us now that we finally got rid of that stupid French cund and there is now hope at long last.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Well, they certainly were last season when we finished 3 places and 14 points behind them. This season it remains to be seen but given that we pasted them 4-2 not so long ago and are only 5 points back it’s certainly not over yet.

But chin up mate, the rot is behind us now that we finally got rid of that stupid French cund and there is now hope at long last.
    You are all in on Emery Wes ...this might end very poorly for you i'm afraid ...still , 6 points versus Burnley and Brighton might give us the confidence to get a result against Liverpool . That would make for an interesting rest of season
    ..here's hoping

Quote Originally Posted by bbrian View Post
    You are all in on Emery Wes ...this might end very poorly for you i'm afraid ...still , 6 points versus Burnley and Brighton might give us the confidence to get a result against Liverpool . That would make for an interesting rest of season
    ..here's hoping
    You are aware we just went 22 games without losing, are you? Our massive 2 game losing streak has coincided with virtually all of our CBs being injured or suspended and if you watch the goals they all come down to poor play at the back.

All will be well bb, the rot is over and we have a bright future, once again.

Well, they certainly were last season when we finished 3 places and 14 points behind them. This season it remains to be seen but given that we pasted them 4-2 not so long ago and are only 5 points back it’s certainly not over yet.:
    You do realise we played better in beating them 2-0 at home last season and that we are five points behind them?

You are aware we just went 22 games without losing, are you? Our massive 2 game losing streak has coincided with virtually all of our CBs being injured or suspended and if you watch the goals they all come down to poor play at the back.

All will be well bb, the rot is over and we have a bright future, once again.
    I know , i know ...the amount of goals we are conceding is a concern too though . Im just a bit pessimistic on all things Arsenal i suppose . I dont want him to be a manager that just relies on players pressing and running ...i want him also to be able to coach the stupid out of Iwobi , Xhaxa , Ramsey , Bellerin and a couple more

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    You do realise we played better in beating them 2-0 at home last season and that we are five points behind them?
    No, I don’t think we did play better, we played them off the park second half, they couldn’t get near us.

But more importantly, I will point out to you for the last time that we finished 3 places and 14 points behind them last year, so getting upset that we lost to them in the league cup with a makeshift back four shortly after we hammered them in the league strikes me as bizarre.