Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Right, which one of you cunds has his ear to the ground transfer gossip wise?

Right, which one of you cunds has his ear to the ground transfer gossip wise?

Are we signing anyone and if so, who?

Cheers

Suddenly the fifth place trophy ain’t good enough?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Suddenly the fifth place trophy ain’t good enough?
    OK, I'll play along briefly as it's Christmas, Monty. You can consider this to be my present to you.

We're playing for one trophy and one trophy only at this point. After years of continual degradation in results - to the point that we finished 6th last year with the mighty total of 63 points - the only trophy we can reasonably ask Unai for is the 'clear signs of improvement' trophy. Given that we are currently one position ahead of where we finished last year and on a pace to finish 13 points clear of last year then it looks like that trophy is in the bag.

Anything else is a bonus. Well done, Unai.

You think this defence has improved?

Cheers
    No specific knowledge but the Fernando Calero deal makes sense on many levels - young, good value for money, ball-playing centre back. I would expect a winger/forward of some sort as well but have no idea who. Won't be a big name

Overall yes, we began to see gradual improvement with the emergence of Holding. The Greek lad looks fairly assured and astute at blocking and awareness, despite not being the full package.
    We’re sadly now blighted by injuries and are still short of a CH and LB but it’s been moving in the right direction of late.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    It's still early doors for young Unai, of course, but this need for improvement had become a feature of Wenger's team, rather than a bug. At least now something can be done about it.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Cheers
    Contract negotiations with Ramsey are reopening on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Yes. I haven't seen us hammered 6-0 or 8-2 this season and going 22 games without a loss is rather difficult unless you defend pretty well. Liverpool, as an example, created very little against us.

Unless you plan on judging us solely based on the Southampton game where we had only one CB and he had just returned from a lengthy absence. And if you are doing that while ignoring the 22 games unbeaten, then I'm not too sure what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    Contract negotiations with Ramsey are reopening on Monday.
    And a merry f*cking Christmas to you as well, JT.