Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Right, which one of you cunds has his ear to the ground transfer gossip wise?

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Overall yes, we began to see gradual improvement with the emergence of Holding. The Greek lad looks fairly assured and astute at blocking and awareness, despite not being the full package.
    We’re sadly now blighted by injuries and are still short of a CH and LB but it’s been moving in the right direction of late.
    Ah, that reminds me, cheers for the Jinjuu recommendation.

Very enjoyable, lord but can those Korean chappies make friend chicken. Fried chicken sliders, fried chicken pieces and some fries thing with loads of stuff on it.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    You think this defence has improved?
    Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Ah, that reminds me, cheers for the Jinjuu recommendation.

Very enjoyable, lord but can those Korean chappies make friend chicken. Fried chicken sliders, fried chicken pieces and some fries thing with loads of stuff on it.
    Glad you approved, and yes, the fried chicken really is something else.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Yes. I haven't seen us hammered 6-0 or 8-2 this season and going 22 games without a loss is rather difficult unless you defend pretty well. Liverpool, as an example, created very little against us.

Unless you plan on judging us solely based on the Southampton game where we had only one CB and he had just returned from a lengthy absence. And if you are doing that while ignoring the 22 games unbeaten, then I'm not too sure what to say.
    You want to judge us on a game from 2011 and then accuse me of basing it on one game. I like your style.

We've conceded more goals than at the same stage last season and we're further away from 4th than we were then. It's only Man U's complete and utter collapse that is stopping us being 6th.

You want to judge us on a game from 2011 and then accuse me of basing it on one game. I like your style.

We've conceded more goals than at the same stage last season and we're further away from 4th than we were then. It's only Man U's complete and utter collapse that is stopping us being 6th.
    We are probably the 5th or 6th best side in the League so seems about fair to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    We are probably the 5th or 6th best side in the League so seems about fair to me.
    Indeed. There is little basis to claim we have improved at this point.

In any case, it's too early to judge him.

I mentioned two games; but I could have chosen many more. The point was that we have been competitive in every game this year bar the first one while under Wenger during the last 3-4 years of his tenure it seemed like we were absolutely hammered by someone every year, often several times.

But that is a side issue. We are currently on pace to finish 13 points ahead of last season so it is fair to say that Unai has had a very good start especially when you consider the 22 games undefeated. But ultimately, as you say, he will be judged at the end of the season.

In the meantime, it is perfectly reasonable for an Arsenal supporter to comment on the good start we've had. I don't really understand how an Arsenal supporter could disagree and try and find fault with the team or the manager.