Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I actually felt a bit sorry for our googley eyed Turk last night.

I actually felt a bit sorry for our googley eyed Turk last night.

He was professional enough but it must have felt like being sent to the stocks in front of the N5 faithful.
    Thursday night with the kids, playing against FC Nondescript in the Euro’s.
    At least Kos and Laca were given rehab run outs.
    Definite naughty step undertones for our 300k a week man.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    He was professional enough but it must have felt like being sent to the stocks in front of the N5 faithful.
    Thursday night with the kids, playing against FC Nondescript in the Euro’s.
    At least Kos and Laca were given rehab run outs.
    Definite naughty step undertones for our 300k a week man.
    I suppose he was professional, but he hardly lit the night up, did he?

He's Finnish. And we no longer have a jewel in our crown. A touch of genius, a little glamour. From Brady to Nicholas to Rocastle to Bergkamp and Fabregas and Nasri, we've always had a genius to admire.

Until now. You all wanted change. Well, you've got change.

We're bland. The greatest insult of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

He's Finnish. And we no longer have a jewel in our crown. A touch of genius, a little glamour. From Brady to Nicholas to Rocastle to Bergkamp and Fabregas and Nasri, we've always had a genius to admire.

to mention those two little runts in the same breath as Bergkamp and Rocastle? For shame, sc
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

No, surely not. Even the Stroller found it in his heart to entertain the hordes by playing Rocastle, before cruelly dispatching him off to dirty Leeds. Our new Spaniards just handing him his arse on a plate, that’s all. He clearly expects Ozil to offer the full sack cloth and ashes before re admitting him to the fold.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    to mention those two little runts in the same breath as Bergkamp and Rocastle? For shame, sc
    Whether you like it or not, Fabregas remains one of the top 3 midfield players you've ever seen in an Arsenal shirt. nd Nasri produced moments of absolute genius. Man, when he swung his hips...

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    No, surely not. Even the Stroller found it in his heart to entertain the hordes by playing Rocastle, before cruelly dispatching him off to dirty Leeds. Our new Spaniards just handing him his arse on a plate, that’s all. He clearly expects Ozil to offer the full sack cloth and ashes before re admitting him to the fold.
    I don't think Emery is interested in such flair players. He wants hard running, tactically aware, disciplined footballers.

He's going to sign the likes of John Jensen and Pal fúcking Lyderson. HE'S THE NEW GEORGE GRAHAM.

Whether you like it or not, Fabregas remains one of the top 3 midfield players you've ever seen in an Arsenal shirt. nd Nasri produced moments of absolute genius. Man, when he swung his hips...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I was going to say THE best, but these absolutes are a bit silly. Judging such matters ios subjective, of course, but Fabregas was a better midfield player than Brady, he was better than Thomas or Rocastle, better than Steve Williams, better than Kevin Richardson... was he better than Vieira? Not sure. Maybe. As I say, absolutes are a bit silly. But he was an absolutely magnificent footballer and unarguably up amongst the very best.

If you can't see that I'm going to ask whether you oughtn't meet up with wes to consider sharing a new hobby?

I was going to say THE best, but these absolutes are a bit silly. Judging such matters ios subjective, of course, but Fabregas was a better midfield player than Brady, he was better than Thomas or Rocastle, better than Steve Williams, better than Kevin Richardson... was he better than Vieira? Not sure. Maybe. As I say, absolutes are a bit silly. But he was an absolutely magnificent footballer and unarguably up amongst the very best.

If you can't see that I'm going to ask whether you oughtn't meet up with wes to consider sharing a new hobby?
    Fabregas was not as good as, let's say, Gilberto. For example.
    A fine player was Fabregas, admittedly, but not one of the greatest.

Amazing then that Barca sold him for a relative pittance and he can't get into the Chelsea team.