Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I hope all these Tory MPs coming out and backing May turn into

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Very odd idea of the pro-Leave vote you have. Consider Essex.
    My dear old chum, as you well know I take it as a matter of principle never to consider Essex.

Seriously. They're not the sort of Essexians to take to the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    My dear old chum, as you well know I take it as a matter of principle never to consider Essex.

Seriously. They're not the sort of Essexians to take to the streets.
    I’m sure they said the same about Wat Tyler.
    Oliver Cromwell was a lowly squire and unremarkable MP - until he wasn’t.

Nobody’s that sort - until they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    The lying ********s they are when it comes to casting their vote this evening. Put this daft cow out of her misery.
    Surely that would make them look like bigger cűnts ? ...is there someone that actually wants to be PM at this point btw? Watching from afar its fascinating stuff

She ought to have begun by preparing properly for no deal from the very start. By ruling it out, she gave the EU no incentive whatsoever to negotiate rather than simply dictating terms.
    She ought never to have set out any red lines - least of all over Ireland. This simply told the enemy what her vulnerabilities were and they’ve used them ruthlessly to nail us to the ground.
    Most importantly, however, she ought to have picked a side - naturally the side that won. The attempt to negotiate a deal that satisfies all over a binary issue was utterly doomed from the start and has simply given traitorous remainer scum encouragement to undermine our negotiating position.

She is, in short, a cùnt.
    It was hardly May that ruled out no deal - it was most of Parliament. Not to mention the governor of the B of E and an endless array of business leaders. There was never any chance that the EU wouldn't see through the no deal threat, had she gone in and said 'we're prepared for no deal' the would have said 'go ahead then'. And regardless of her red lines the EU was never going to let Ireland be hammered - as they have said clearly, without a backstop there is no deal.

Nothing you have said makes any clear argument for us getting a deal any different than we have now had we negotiated differently. I have yet to hear anyone come up with one, not Rees-Mogg, not Boris, no one. And when they get pushed on how impossible our negotiating position is they inevitably admit that the only realistic alternative is no deal.

She was in an impossible position and we'll end up where we were always going to end up; Remain or no deal. There was nothing anyone could have done to prevent that. BTW, I consider the Norway option to be Remain, because it really is.

:sigh: 12 years this January, h. I miss my Ma
    Me too c. And I never really appreciated mine while she was here

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    The rest of us did, though, h!

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Mine was possessed of a, shall we say, powerful personality. Very much the matriarch, she was.

When I was young all my mates were terrified of her, but when they had a problem they'd come creeping round asking for advice. Even my mate with the genital warts.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    It was hardly May that ruled out no deal - it was most of Parliament. Not to mention the governor of the B of E and an endless array of business leaders. There was never any chance that the EU wouldn't see through the no deal threat, had she gone in and said 'we're prepared for no deal' the would have said 'go ahead then'. And regardless of her red lines the EU was never going to let Ireland be hammered - as they have said clearly, without a backstop there is no deal.

Nothing you have said makes any clear argument for us getting a deal any different than we have now had we negotiated differently. I have yet to hear anyone come up with one, not Rees-Mogg, not Boris, no one. And when they get pushed on how impossible our negotiating position is they inevitably admit that the only realistic alternative is no deal.

She was in an impossible position and we'll end up where we were always going to end up; Remain or no deal. There was nothing anyone could have done to prevent that. BTW, I consider the Norway option to be Remain, because it really is.
    What the fùck has it got to do with the Governor of the Bank of England or business leaders, ffs?

Your thick-headed failure to grasp that BREXIT IS NOT ABOUT BUSINESS makes you wholly unqualified to have this discussion and you ought probably to stop trying until such time as you can hammer that simple idea into your bonce.

Before she started ‘negotiating’, she removed everything the EU feared - a hard border in Ireland; no £39 billion; no deal; kicking out EU citizens - from her arsenal. As a result, they’ve fùcked her arsewise - because she’d thrown away all our strongest cards. By any conceivable standards that is písspoor negotiation. The ONLY way you get anything from the EU is by playing hardball and brinkmanship. She ante’d up and folded before anyone has even bet.

Mine was possessed of a, shall we say, powerful personality. Very much the matriarch, she was.

When I was young all my mates were terrified of her, but when they had a problem they'd come creeping round asking for advice. Even my mate with the genital warts.
    What did your sainted ma know of genital warts, for goodness’ sake?

What did your sainted ma know of genital warts, for goodness’ sake?
    Oh she was that sort of lady. She was an expert in absolutely every matter under the sun. She had trained as a nurse during the war so I suppose she had some basic medical knowledge, but I don't imagine her advice extended much further than, 'Go to see your doctor'.

Some people just need to hear common sense spoken, don't they? And she was famed for her common sense.