Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: She must be some sort of masochist.

She must be some sort of masochist.

Just rsign, woman, and let some other mug deal with this shítshow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Just rsign, woman, and let some other mug deal with this shítshow.
    Unfortunately, she’s a dangerous mixture of stubborn, determined and utterly devoid of flair, courage, imagination or vision.
    Just as all Churchill’s flaws became strengths during WWII, all her potential strengths as a Cabinet Minister (or even PM during quiet times) are flaws in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Unfortunately, she’s a dangerous mixture of stubborn, determined and utterly devoid of flair, courage, imagination or vision.
    Just as all Churchill’s flaws became strengths during WWII, all her potential strengths as a Cabinet Minister (or even PM during quiet times) are flaws in this situation.
    She's a fúcking maniac is what she is.

I paid slightly more attention to this recently and I'm not sure I understand the DUP's issue with the backstop particularly.

It seems that the main complaint is that the backstop - like paying 39bil immediately - is seen as weakening our bargaining position in the future relationship negotiations hence it has to go. But if it goes does that not simply mean that our main leverage is a no deal threat? And how much leverage is that given that every c*nt and his dog has assured the public that no deal will not happen including Parliament itself?

And isn't the DUP adamantly opposed to no deal because it means a hard border with Ireland? Honestly, so much of this still feels like much ado about nothing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    She's a fúcking maniac is what she is.
    I don’t even think she’s that. I just think she's a career technocrat plodder wildly out of her depth because she utterly fails to grasp emotional dynamics of Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I paid slightly more attention to this recently and I'm not sure I understand the DUP's issue with the backstop particularly.

It seems that the main complaint is that the backstop - like paying 39bil immediately - is seen as weakening our bargaining position in the future relationship negotiations hence it has to go. But if it goes does that not simply mean that our main leverage is a no deal threat? And how much leverage is that given that every c*nt and his dog has assured the public that no deal will not happen including Parliament itself?

And isn't the DUP adamantly opposed to no deal because it means a hard border with Ireland? Honestly, so much of this still feels like much ado about nothing to me.
    They are fúcking lunatics W.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

OK. You may have been paying attention to this, but clearly understand very little about 220 years of Ulster Unionism.

OK. You may have been paying attention to this, but clearly understand very little about 220 years of Ulster Unionism.
    Oh yes, I know nothing of the history of NI and Ireland etc.

Other than SW's point that they seem to be lunatics. All this fuss over a border. What sort of nutters would allow a simple border to be such a big deal?

I don’t even think she’s that. I just think she's a career technocrat plodder wildly out of her depth because she utterly fails to grasp emotional dynamics of Brexit.
    I think your friend had it right. She's a maniac. No politician can navigate a successful path through this mess.

She's just saving someone else from destroying their career.

We should just get on with making the best of no deal. Everything else needs some sort of agreement and there isn't anywhere near enough common ground on such a phenomenally complex issue.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    I think your friend had it right. She's a maniac. No politician can navigate a successful path through this mess.

She's just saving someone else from destroying their career.

We should just get on with making the best of no deal. Everything else needs some sort of agreement and there isn't anywhere near enough common ground on such a phenomenally complex issue.
    I have come to the same conclusion - the only options are no deal or Remain and we should proceed on that basis. And the criticism of May and her deal are astonishingly over the top and filled with flawed logic; I find it astonishing that more people don't recognize the position she's in and how well she's actually dealt with it.

That pompous oaf Boris was on Marr on Sunday making it seem all so easy. Postpone the 39bil (even though that is money the UK government had previously promised to the EU) and threaten them with no deal (even though Parliament are openly telling everyone they won't allow that to happen) and the EU will magically do what we want.

Cretin.