Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nice article from David Walsh on Unai's impact

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Are you sure that Palace are 5th in the league, BB? Slipped under my radar, it would seem.
    Ffs Rich.......

Quote Originally Posted by bbrian View Post
    All good stuff and all that ..but we are still in 5th place and have conceded more goals than all above us . I too have been happy with the new regime , but a manager that relies on pressing needs to get results early for the players to buy in fully ....very easy for them to tune him out otherwise
    City and Liverpool have had two of the best starts to a season in the history of English football and we are only 7 and 8 points back so the league is still very much on. Under Wenger we were usually out of it by now. And we're one of three teams within 2 points of each other battling for 3rd. And we're on a pace for 81 points, last year we finished with 63. That with a new manager, new style of play and relatively little net investment.

Hard to understand how anyone can't see this as a huge step forward at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    City and Liverpool have had two of the best starts to a season in the history of English football and we are only 7 and 8 points back so the league is still very much on. Under Wenger we were usually out of it by now. And we're one of three teams within 2 points of each other battling for 3rd. And we're on a pace for 81 points, last year we finished with 63. That with a new manager, new style of play and relatively little net investment.

Hard to understand how anyone can't see this as a huge step forward at this point.
    It is a huge step forward and you're starting to convince me

You did say the league was very much still on though! 😂

Quote Originally Posted by bbrian View Post
    It is a huge step forward and you're starting to convince me

You did say the league was very much still on though! ��
    Well, we completely outplayed the current league leaders at our place, pasted Spurs and lost a close game to the team that just beat City. The days of getting hammered and looking out of our depth against the league leaders seem to be over so why not?

Well, we completely outplayed the current league leaders at our place, pasted Spurs and lost a close game to the team that just beat City. The days of getting hammered and looking out of our depth against the league leaders seem to be over so why not?
    Beacuse we still have to play the top 3 away from home, and until we show we can win big games away from home i can't see us getting close enough to be actual title contenders.... saying that, I am happy the way we have progressed and seem to put more effort in even when not playing well
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Comparative positions for this date over the past five seasons
    2017/18 5th 17 points from the leaders but only one point off 4th and 2 off third
    2016/17 1st (level on points)
    2015/16 1st (1 point clear)
    2014/15 6th 13 from leaders 2 from fourth and third
    2013/14 1st (five points clear)

Only two of those seasons back up your claim and three tell a very different story at this stage
    Last edited by Luis Anaconda; 12-10-2018 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Comparative positions for this date over the past three seasons
    2017/18 5th 17 points from the leaders but only one point off 4th and 2 off third

Only two of those seasons back up your claim and three tell a very different story at this stage
    Must you always go googling out the facts and spoiling the party l?

Comparative positions for this date over the past three seasons

You sad c*nt...

And had one of those seasons been different it would have been 3 of 5 so that would have qualified for 'usually' - small margins

You sad c*nt...

And had one of those seasons been different it would have been 3 of 5 so that would have qualified for 'usually' - small margins
    You said usually "out of it" - since you believe that being within 8 points still gives a chance this season, they would have to be quite different. I was actually quite surprised we were top so late in the season when Chelsea won quite comfortably

You said usually "out of it" - since you believe that being within 8 points still gives a chance this season, they would have to be quite different. I was actually quite surprised we were top so late in the season when Chelsea won quite comfortably
    I am quite surprised we were top at this stage in any of the seasons you have listed never mind 60% of them.